Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't Zedd and Rita attack the Command Center? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7579)

A Gia To Remember 11/16/16 12:11 PM

Why didn't Zedd and Rita attack the Command Center?

Why didn't Zedd and Rita attack the Command Center like Divatox did with the Power Chamber?

MattEmily 11/16/16 05:42 PM

Re: Why didn't Zedd and Rita attack the Command Center?

because the defenses were too strong which is why they couldn't do anything to it until they found a map of the basement tunnels which was a weak point for it.

Ranger Master 11/16/16 06:14 PM

Zordon's arua was able to protect the Command Center and Power Chamber from outright attack. Dimitria did not have the same ability.

Superstatler 11/16/16 06:26 PM

I always thought it was wierd how Zedd and Rita knew where the Command Center was and Divatox didn't know where the Power Chamber was.

Zeo Power 11/16/16 06:28 PM

We never really found out if the machines knew where the Power Chamber was.

Lightspeed Zeo 11/16/16 06:28 PM

They seemed to in "Mr Billy's Wild Ride".

Superstatler 11/16/16 06:30 PM

Good point.

MattEmily 11/16/16 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstatler (Post 60192)
I always thought it was wierd how Zedd and Rita knew where the Command Center was and Divatox didn't know where the Power Chamber was.

yea that was always so weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo Power (Post 60193)
We never really found out if the machines knew where the Power Chamber was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed Zeo (Post 60194)
They seemed to in "Mr Billy's Wild Ride".

you're right Lightspeed plus they also put that barrier around the Power Chamber which forced Billy to re-direct Trey's teleportation route so that he wouldn't crash into the barrier and be destroyed.

Massive Ego 11/16/16 11:08 PM

Just shows how dumb Divatox was.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 11/17/16 11:51 AM

Divatox never got the valuable intel from her rivals and somehow couldn't find the Power Chamber so easily.

Zeo Power 11/17/16 11:53 AM

If they did know, why didn't the machines attack the base? They had more fire power than Zedd and Rita.

MattEmily 11/17/16 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo Power (Post 60219)
If they did know, why didn't the machines attack the base? They had more fire power than Zedd and Rita.

just goes to show you that all villains had some kind of honor plus they probably didn't see it as a victory since their victory would have been destroying the Rangers and in general the Rangers weren't usually there for very long and even when they were there they weren't going to know who was there and who wasn't since it wasn't like they had an ability to look into the base like Rita and Zedd did.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 11/17/16 07:03 PM

Destroying the Command Center/ Power Chamber would have devastated the Rangers. We actually saw this in Turbo.

Captain Codfish 11/17/16 08:32 PM

I don't think the bad guys could attack the Power Chamber while Zordon and Dimitria were there. Not as directly as they did. For some reason they were able to keep the base secret from Divatox. And its not like her rivals in the UAE would make it easy for her to defeat the Rangers.

Jen's Revenge 11/17/16 08:36 PM

The villains in the early seasons were usually one dimensional and not very inventive most of the time. That served the stories they were trying to tell I guess.

Goldar's Revenge 11/17/16 09:08 PM

It has a lot to do with Dimitria being gone and strength in numbers. I think Zedd and Rita were more scared of Zordon then they let on. The Machines didn't really care about anything except conquering the Earth. They only stopped the Rangers for getting in their way. I don't think the Machines cared about attacking Zordon directly. They just wanted Earth to be their next conquest.

MattEmily 11/18/16 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 60256)
It has a lot to do with Dimitria being gone and strength in numbers. I think Zedd and Rita were more scared of Zordon then they let on. The Machines didn't really care about anything except conquering the Earth. They only stopped the Rangers for getting in their way. I don't think the Machines cared about attacking Zordon directly. They just wanted Earth to be their next conquest.

did the Machines even know about Zordon to begin with? I can't remember any of them ever even referring to him.

Lightspeed Zeo 11/18/16 11:02 AM

Thats a good question. You would think they would since everyone else seemed too.

Chaos Ranger 11/18/16 11:30 PM

Zedd and Rita were connected with Zordon through the Morphing Grid. So they didn't risk openly attacking each other in major battle. The machines were more concerned with conquering the Earth and didn't care about Zordon. They had singular focus and only saw the Rangers as an obstacles to this. Divatox had no connection to the grid so didn't know where the Connand Center was. When she found out where it was it wasn't an issue to attack.

Smarty Pants Rose 11/19/16 08:13 AM

The Power Chamber wasn't as protected as the Command Center. I don't know why the machine didn't take advantage of this.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 11/19/16 07:25 PM

They probably were too arrogant to realize Zordon was a real threat. I was surprised that they didn't want the Zeo Crystal.

True Blue 11/22/16 03:12 PM

It is funny how Divatox was the one to destory the Power Chambers. Rita and Zedd destroyed the Command Center but it was much more sneaky in how they had it done. Divatox just had it blown away.

Viva La Divatox 11/22/16 03:14 PM

All the people who accuse Divatox of being not threatening, can't argue with the destruction of the Power Chamber being bad ass.

Super Zeo Omega 11/22/16 05:51 PM

Divatox was a great villain. She doesn't get the credit she deserves. People are too into dark villains in Power Rangers.

Green Spandex Supreme 11/22/16 06:14 PM

Divatox diffinitly had a dark side. We saw it in the movie and the second half. I think Turner just played her better than Hoyt.