Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Doctor Who (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=819)

NormaN 05/14/11 01:19 PM

Re: Doctor Who

I am on Season 4 now. Season 3 finale was pretty epic but right now Season 2 tops it. Doctor Who is a hard show to watch, I just got used to Martha Jones and she left, having companion changes almost every season is sad.

Digifiend 05/15/11 08:08 PM

Yeah, the current season, series 6, is the first one since the revival where the previous season's Doctor and companion have stayed around.

Series 1: Doc 9 and Rose
Series 2: Doc 10 and Rose
Series 3: Doc 10 and Martha
Series 4: Doc 10 and Donna
Series 5: Doc 11 and Amy
Series 6: Doc 11, Amy and Rory (see Promoted to Opening Titles on TV Tropes)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade (Post 41328)
I am not British. I live in the formerly good ole USA.

Doesn't matter. It aired there and is out on DVD. Of course, you'll want to avoid it anyway.

Kamen Rider Decade 05/16/11 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digifiend (Post 41387)
Doesn't matter. It aired there and is out on DVD. Of course, you'll want to avoid it anyway.

If it aired on BBCA I couldn't have seen I just got it this summer and only started watching the channel when the new series of DW came on.

NormaN 05/18/11 08:29 PM

Watched Season 4 finale recently, pretty good. It was nice to see all of the old companions in the revived series. It was nice seeing The Doctor and Rose again, but I was disappointed that there wasn't much scenes where the real Doctor and Rose could interact like they did in Season 1 and 2.

NormaN 05/21/11 10:43 PM

Just finished The End of Time, what a way to end an era.

Digifiend 05/28/11 09:56 PM

:eek: Amy's a Ganger!

NormaN 05/29/11 08:16 PM

Heh, yes she is. I loved that part when Matt said "Ah! I'm still not ginger!"

Anyway I just finished Season 5. At first I didn't like Matt Smith that much, I didn't see how he could replace Tennat, but in Angels of Time he got me with his speech about never putting him in a trap.

The cracks scared me a bit in the beginning, it was like they were doing a complete reebot of the series and even though I have only seen the past 4 seasons I thought it would suck. Luckily The Doctor fixed the cracks and everything is restored. Can't wait to see more of Matt Smith in Season 6.

Digifiend 05/31/11 06:14 AM

lol, you won't get my reference above until you see episodes 5 and 6 of series 6. I wasn't talking about her hair!

NormaN 06/02/11 10:43 AM

Ah! I see now, good thing I didn't remember what you said until Matt dissolved her.

Well, now I am finally all caught up and can watch the shows live, or at least live when it is airing in Canada.

Digifiend 06/03/11 06:32 AM

How far behind are you? In the UK, episode 7 is tomorrow, and in the US, episode 6 is tomorrow.