Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Will Hasbro do entirely new footage? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8708)

Corn-Ball Kimberly 06/07/18 11:41 AM

Will Hasbro do entirely new footage?

Do you think Hasbro will produce all new footage after Beast Morphers? Eliminating the need to use Sentai?

Miki1988 06/07/18 04:03 PM

Re: Will Hasbro do entirely new footage?

Power Rangers - at least the TV series - was always at least partially dependent on the Sentai footage because Toei always required so. I don't think Toei will allow Hasbro to make 100 % Sentai footage-less TV show. Each PR season used at least some Sentai footage and I don't see Toei allowing Hasbro to do otherwise.

PRangerX 06/07/18 07:17 PM

I don't that would even be financially feasible.

Goldar's Revenge 06/07/18 07:17 PM

To ask Hasbro to produce the whole series from scratch is madness. A company would go bankrupt doing that.

Dayu's Tears 06/07/18 07:19 PM

Isn't the Sentai Footage the whole reason why Power Rangers was created anyway? Saban figured he could take the action footage to save money amd splice it with American Civlian scenes. That's been the formula for the most part since then.

Maligore 06/07/18 07:21 PM

I don't buy the cost excuse. The only reason PR used Sentai is because Saban and Disney were cheap. Hasbro won't be so cheap.

Massive Ego 06/07/18 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 76192)
I don't buy the cost excuse. The only reason PR used Sentai is because Saban and Disney were cheap. Hasbro won't be so cheap.

And you think Hasbro is going to just throw all their money away why? Even I can't blame Saban or Disney for adapting the Sentai Footage. They just have done it badly since Wild Force ended.

Miki1988 06/08/18 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayu's Tears (Post 76191)
Isn't the Sentai Footage the whole reason why Power Rangers was created anyway? Saban figured he could take the action footage to save money amd splice it with American Civlian scenes. That's been the formula for the most part since then.

That's right. Power Rangers has worked that way since day 1 of MMPR. Even the pilot episode has a ton of Zyuranger footage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 76192)

It's all business. Why create entirely new footage when you can just edit the existing & provided footage to fit your needs? Sure, sometimes it didn't work for either Saban or Disney, but it does save money for a lot of things, like for the show's promotion and for the filming of scenes (both civilian and Ranger scenes) that are really necessary in case the Sentai footage doesn't do what is desired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 76193)
And you think Hasbro is going to just throw all their money away why? Even I can't blame Saban or Disney for adapting the Sentai Footage. They just have done it badly since Wild Force ended.

Weather it's used badly or not doesn't matter. Bad editing in Power Rangers has been present since the beginning of the show. Burai in S1, Dino Megazord in S2 (the Rangers clearly call upon it a couple of times too in the season), spliced Dairanger/Zyuranger/Zyu2 footage, even in S3's Ninja Quest episode arc. Those are just some of the cases. There are other similar cases in later Saban Entertainment seasons, Disney seasons and Neo-Saban seasons. http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/main.htm

The editing in Power Rangers has always been a problem, but the producers still made it all work somehow. Even if the dialogue that came before the Sentai footage or after didn't exactly match with it. So the same shall be with Hasbro.

Calamity Kimberly 06/09/18 08:12 AM

I can see why Hasbro would spend that kind of money? They wouldn't make it back.

MattEmily 06/09/18 09:54 AM

don't you mean can't?

and of course they can