Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Trakeena sympathetic? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8866)

Maverick Ranger 05/01/20 10:41 PM

Trakeena sympathetic?

Does anyone find it out that Trakeena was written to be sympathetic when Scorpious died? She was clearly a villian. Yet the scene where she watches her father die made the viewer feel sorry for her. She never was really written in a positive light outside of this.

Captain Codfish 05/01/20 10:43 PM

Re: Trakeena sympathetic?

I think they just made her a more three dimensional villain in that scene. She was always evil, she just genuinely loved her father. Its hard to do a scene like that without making the audience care about the villain at least a little bit.

Massive Ego 05/01/20 10:44 PM

Trakeena was so lame before this. This arch made her a very interesting character.

Maligore 05/01/20 10:44 PM

It was just because Saban was too cheap to keep her father around.

Powermaster 05/04/20 05:26 PM

It was a pretty interesting part of Trakeena's arch. Its not something we usually see in PR, unless the villain turns good.

Red Lightstar Ranger 05/11/20 11:08 AM

I really liked that aspect. It made her a more well rounded character. Something we don't always get from PR villians. Although we started to more often in that era. It was especially good since Trakeena started out as more of an annoying character in the beginning. That episode is where she really came into her own as the true main villain of Lost Galaxy.

Decepticon 05/11/20 05:01 PM

It was her father. Of course she was gonna be sad.

Disney Princess 05/11/20 05:10 PM

Trakeena was evil and was never sympathetic.

Starlight Starbrite 05/11/20 05:12 PM

I felt more sorry for Scorpious actually. Since he got totally played by Deviot and it led to his demise. Plus Deviot got away with it and didn't meet his end until the finale.

Massive Ego 05/11/20 05:17 PM

This is also why I loved this era of Power Rangers.