View Single Post
Old 06/18/17, 03:45 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Commissioner for a Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Get rid of the draft and international draft cap.

Teams no longer lose draft picks for signing fas. But they still get comp picks. Go back to using statistics to determine type a free agents. If a team signs more than three type a in a season they will surrender their first round pick to the team with the worst five year record.

Draft picks are made tradeable.
I disagree with the cap since it enforces more of a fair playing structure.
I disagree with teams no longer losing draft picks but I agree with the comp picks.
I disagree with the stats thing since it'd be unfairly judged.
I agree with you about making picks being tradable.

Quote:
Negotiate a deal with the Yankees and Mets to allow the Rays to move to Brooklyn and become the Blues. Swap the Blues to the National League and move the Marlins to the American League.

Move the As to Portland Oregon.

Expand in Montreal (American) and Boston (National). Montreal Expos and Boston Americans.
I don't agree with the Rays thing yes they should be moving to a new city but it should be in a state that doesn't have a MLB team. The Marlins shouldn't come to the AL.
I do agree that Oakland should be moving but where is the question.
I don't agree about expanding in Montreal or Boston.

Quote:
Make a deal with Japan and Korea that would allow teams to loan players there and still retain their rights. Pending player approval. The team would still have to pay the difference of what the Japan team would pay but it wouldn't count against the luxury tax.
that's not a bad idea but instead it should be a renting system so that players can get a feel on how they might do in MLB.

Quote:
Insitute a pitch clock and enforce batters box rules.

Have a fifth umpire for replays who makes a quick call on challenges.

After the 12 inning of regular season extra inning games runners are automatically placed on first for each half inning. The playoffs keep the old format.

Limit interleague play to two series a year that feature natural rivalries.
No to pitch clocks and no to enforcing the batter's box rules
I disagree with the 5th Umpire since you need someone who is not on the field who has access to all of the available video angles. I do think they need to make some changes in regards to replays such as what I had mentioned earlier but also I think their Replay Command Center should be an Umpire Committee and there's like 3 Umpires who are assigned to watch a selection of games and then the majority (meaning 2 out of the 3 Umpires that are assigned to a selection of games) must reach a consensus about a replay decision.

No about after the 12th inning of a regular season games. That would be downright horrible if that came down to deciding a divisional winner or who would be the Wild Card teams.

Absolutely not about the Interleague thing.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote