View Single Post
Old 02/20/15, 02:56 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: "Clash of Red Rangers" issue

Quote:
Well yeah I get that real life writes the plot sometimes but it just seemed pointless doing a crossover if it was mostly with just one Ranger and that too as a suit actor. In fact, why didn't they use stock footage of the rest of the RPM cast?

They didn't need to make them say anything if they made Scott do most of the talking. They could've easily did it the same way as Legendary battle, the others just stand in the background and be dubbed over by extras when it comes to fighting grunts.
I agree that it was pointless with doing a crossover if it was just with mostly one Ranger and he was just suit-only. You have a point with using stock footage of the other Ranger Series Operators problem is you wouldn't be able to get away with scenes in which it's obvious that they're talking to either Scott, the villain or one of the Megaforce Rangers in the stock footage.

Quote:
And didn't they manage to get Ari Boyland to voice Vulpes? Why not make him reprise his role as RPM Blue for a few lines even if he had to be morphed all the time? And they even managed to get Li Ming Hu for a voice over in Super Megaforce so it's not like it was completely out of the question to bring in a few more actors for adr.

This is another reason why I don't particularity like CotRR because of wasted potential. Not as much as Trakeena's Revenge or Legendary Battle but still.
Yes they did have Ari (Ranger Blue) voice Vulpes so it would've made a lot of sense to use him for the crossover so that we would have seen at least 2 Ranger Series Operators but I guess for whatever reason it just wasn't in the cards.

That's correct with Li even though it was just a minor role or at least more than 2 minor roles but whatever the case it would've made more sense to bring in more of the actors that played some of the other Ranger Series Operators but it's the Sentai snob that was responsible for handling it so what do you expect?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote