View Single Post
Old 12/03/14, 05:45 PM   #4
BananaRama
Putty Patroller

Default re megaforce remove continity

[QUOTE=BananaRama;1239026]The show has been a weird hybrid of America and New Zealand since Ninja Storm. I'm not even sure what vague location has to do with continuity.

So, California, probably.

He acts no different than he has in the past.

We haven't Skull in 10 years, he could have won the lottery or married into wealth.

Which doesn't make it out of continuity. Just a misguided choice. And the show did treat them as new powers, not powers that always existed.

Like when Jason had a working tyrannosaur coin, when Rita aged like 30 years between In Space and Mystic Force, when Adam used the Black MMPR powers instead of the Green Zeo powers, when Tommy forgot he had Zeo powers, when Rita and Zedd, who married in 1995, had a son who was imprisoned for thousands of years, like when an old lady claimed there was no such thing as monsters, when Tori and Shane claimed Power Rangers aren't real. Thar sort of thing?

Considering the RPM season featured no other Rangers, I'd say the obvious answer is the exact opposite.

Plus RPM being in continuity would imply that all the Rangers before RPM, excluding the SPD Rangers, and Jen, Trip, Lucas, and Katie were killed off-screen, no thanks. Plus didn't Jen think "hey that guy I'm in love with is, is going to die with most of the rest of the world in the not too distant future...of his present"? RPM is the most self-contained season ever.

Your critical fan brain is conveniently ignoring like all the continuity snarls the series has done in the last 10 years.
BananaRama is offline   Reply With Quote