View Single Post
Old 01/09/12, 08:39 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default "Test Of A Leader" Discussion

Alright, I am way behind on Samurai. Thats why I haven't made many threads about the actual episodes. I only saw the first 8 episodes that aired ( so no "0Origins") and took a long break. But now I have watched "Test of A Leader"

And I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It was much better then the first 8 episodes. I loved the drama with Jayden and the burden he faces with being the one that has to seal Xandred. And the conflict that created when the others wanted to protect Jayden. The final battle between Jayden, Deker, and the Monster was awesome. Deker is actually a pretty interesting character. Ricardo Medina shows here that he isn't as bad an actor as everyone thought.

I was a bit thrown off when it was revealed that Jayden's father sealed Xandred. Since the prolouge makes it sound like the Nighloks last emerged generations ago. But "Test of Leader" shows us that every Samurai generation has battled the Nighloks. Which is a departure from the original premise. Which makes it sound like the Rangers are the first team since the Originals to face the Nighloks. I suppose this is one of those things that gets contridicted when they translate Sentai.

Also why wouldn't Xandred know that the Red Ranger could seal him before? He seems to sound shocked that Deker knows about it. I mean he was the one that was sealed, shouldn't he know?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote