View Single Post
Old 11/14/16, 12:52 PM   #3
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Re: What if the MMPR Rangers stayed through Zeo

Focus for anyone probably wouldn't have improved. When you consider the number of plots Aisha got would have gone to Trini, that's only like four episodes in the entirety of MMPR. Same for the three Rocky and three Adam stories I can think of off the top of my head in MMPR, and obviously a lot of time was only given to Tanya in Zeo because she was the new character.

As for how the six-to-five transition would have gone, it depends on how the writers wanted to deal with it. As we know with Turbo, Frank wanted out and the producers just decided to clean house with the other three, so either they would have demoted Billy like it actually happened and he actually come back to assume the Gold Ranger powers later, or they keep Tommy the special snowflake and give him another breather before he becomes the sixth Ranger again, or they legitimately fire somebody and let Trey be Trey (can the DiFillipos actually explain to me why they were hired in the first place just to be macguffins when it would have been cheaper to send the Gold Power Staff to Earth in a comet and have Jason pick it up instead?), or there's the fourth option to have SIX Zeo Crystal pieces and have the White-with-gold-accents Ranger become the Gold-that's-really-black-with-gold-accents Ranger, or even the fifth option to have MMPR just be the outright end for a whole cast who had been on the show for over a hundred episodes and start the Sentai formula we did with Lost Galaxy way back at Zeo instead. That last one would probably have made fans think Zeo jumped the shark more than they did the way it actually happened.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote