View Single Post
Old 10/25/11, 08:40 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Should Metal Hero make a comeback?

So earlier this year there was a fake rumor just before Fourze was announced that there was going to be a new Metal Hero series called Tokkyuu Keiji Jipector
while the rumor itself was false it still made me wonder since there's never even been fake rumors of a new Metal Hero series up until that point.

Now it's been announced that Gokaiger will have a team up with Gavan, and that Metal Hero characters will appear in Gobuster, and/or Gobuster itself will be Metal hero esque

So what I'm trying to get at is would you like it if Metal Hero would come back, and if so what kind of new shows would you like to see.

For me I know a lot of people say the current version of Kamen Rider is already Metal Hero but I don't know since to me Metal Hero is closer to Ishinomori's other 70's Toku hero shows.

I.E. Metalder is Kikaider, Jiraiya is Ninja Captor, Janperson is Robot Keiji K, and Kabutack, and Robotack are Robocon.

So I think there's room for all three of Toei's franchises

As for what I want to see I always wanted to see a magic themed Metal Hero series since the closest I can think of were Jiraiya, and B-Fighter.

I think you can easily take a lot of Metal Hero tropes, and replace the technology/space stuff with magic stuff I.E. demons instead of aliens, the strange dimension being the underworld, a magic horse instead of a motorcycle etc.

They could do it like a lighter and softer Garo or they could make it a spiritual successor to Akumaizer 3, and Chojin Bibyun.

Last edited by Zabitan; 11/01/11 at 04:13 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote