Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/09/08, 10:07 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The Nature of the Morphing Grid

I was wondering what everyone's take on the morphing grid is? Does every team need to connect to it to be a Ranger? Is it possible to be a Ranger without using the grid?

Personallly, I like to think that every Ranger team is connected to the grid. I know some people like to think that certian teams weren't. But I just feel that it fits nicer since it makes something in common for every Ranger team.

I think the grid is some kind of mystical network that allows worriers with a Power Source ( IE The Zeo Crystal, Wild Zords, Dino Gems, Dinosuar spirits, Ninja Spirits, ect..) to be able to morph into Power Rangers. I think some villains can tap into the grid as well. And probably use the power to make monsters, like Lord Zedd.

I think its kind of a neat idea to think that anyone in the PRU can take a strong power source and create a Ranger team ( by connecting the source to the grid and using morphers).
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/08, 05:43 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Was it ever explicitly stated that Zordon created the Morphin Grid? If not, it makes perfect sense for everyone to be linked to it, since it seems to be the leading power source in the fight against evil.

And even if he did, Zordon obviously took the reigns when he made the MMPR, connecting the Zeo Crystal produced the PRZ, and some odd manipulation created the Turbo Rangers. He also seems to have had tendrils throughout the universe, since he was the one who hid the Mega-Vs for the Space Rangers, and somehow managed to make the Astro Megaship and the Nasada shuttle combinable, which makes me think he was the link to Earth and whatever other alien planets (such as wherever Andros and Zhane found their morphers) being able to access the Morphin Grid.

There's really no evidence to suggest the non-Zordon teams didn't use the Morphin Grid to power their Ranger suits, and Operation Overdrive clearly saying they did is a step in the direction of one big link to all of the powers. If Hartford's money could manage a way in, I put nothing past the mystical masters behind the mythic Power Ranger teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX
worriers
Worriers are people who worry. Warriors are people who engage in war.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/08, 06:31 PM   #3
Jam-Jul Lison
Putty Patroller

Send a message via AIM to Jam-Jul Lison Send a message via MSN to Jam-Jul Lison Send a message via Yahoo to Jam-Jul Lison

Zordon did not make the morphing grid. I believe it was created by the Morphing Masters. They did create the legendary Morphing Eggs. It is likely they created the grid as well. In the next few days I plan on working out on notepad information on what we know about morphers and how exactly they tie into the morphing grid. Well at least the best I can. I have thought of doing this before but I often end up getting sidetracked. lol
Jam-Jul Lison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/08, 08:08 PM   #4
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

ninjor created 6 coins
Old 04/28/08, 08:44 PM   #5
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

If Funaro were here, we wouldn't need the discussion...he dissected it pretty well on RangerBoard.
Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/08, 09:34 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlan Phoenix View Post
If Funaro were here, we wouldn't need the discussion...he dissected it pretty well on RangerBoard.
Yeah I remember that thread.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/08, 09:35 PM   #7
Jam-Jul Lison
Putty Patroller

Send a message via AIM to Jam-Jul Lison Send a message via MSN to Jam-Jul Lison Send a message via Yahoo to Jam-Jul Lison

Yeah I have through that once. I plan on rereading it all. If I remember right, I had my own theories to throw in there. Just can not recall them off hand. lol.
Old 04/28/08, 10:06 PM   #8
Jam-Jul Lison
Putty Patroller

Here is the link to that thread on rangerboard you were talking about. It could open some interesting discussions here. Maybe allow people to express what they think and possibly form their own theories. either way it is interesting reading. http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=114206
Old 06/09/08, 01:54 AM   #9
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

In mighty morphin we hear the morphing grid
is a struggle between lord z and zordon
when making the white zordon says
something about a 'base programer'
and converting energy to this new ranger
I assume from the morphing grid

in zeo, the zeo crystal becomes part of the
morphing grid

in lost in space after zordon is destroyed
his essence is spared through out the universe
meaning that the power from zordon would live on,
hypothetically if the next rangers had a command base or
something to harness zordon's power

in the one episode of dino thunder (bonus episode end of series)
according to this episode if you tap into the power of the morphin grid
you can see the past, present and the future

According to the episode History from S.P.D.
the morphin grid can detect others rangers
It seems the morphing grid can regenerate morphers.
masked rider fearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/08, 07:12 PM   #10
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

I call shenanigans on Disney's Morphing Grid theories.
PowerOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply