Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/08/20, 05:41 PM   #1
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Should Tommy have come back as White Ranger?

I have made no secret over the years that this is where I think Tommy jumped the shark. He was a great character the first season and half. He had to overcome all the guilt for what he did under Rita's spell. The power loss storyline was epic. It was a rollar coaster ride with him getting them back and losing them for good.

I feel they ruined what would have been the perfect exit Green No More was and brought him back for White Light. And what was worse he suddenly became this perfect character who could do no wrong. And he became the sole focus for the series for the rest of his run. Until perhaps Turbo, but that was only because JDF was leaving the show.

And they couldn't live well enough a lone and had to shoehorn Tommy back into PR with DinoThunder. Thats not even mentioning Forever Red and all the other team ups we had to watch him come back for.

So in short my answer is no! lol
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:43 PM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Should Tommy have come back as White Ranger?

I agree that he wasn't the same after MMPR but he was great as White Ranger. In my personal canon none of the other stuff exists anyway. Ninja Steel is even in another universe.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:45 PM   #3
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

Tommy was a great character. I know he couldn't last forever on the series. But it would have been a bad decision not to bring him back as White Ranger. I am glad he stayed as Zeo Red and Turbo Red. And I loved his returns after this. He made DT great.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:51 PM   #4
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Power Rangers wouldn't be the same without Tommy. He had to come back as White Ranger. And needed to be kept around as long as JDF wanted. Even though the newer seasons aren't always as good, it was great when Tommy came back. I just wish Kimberly came back too.

It also would have been wrong to leave him after Green No More. Since Tommy and Kim were happy and in love. We needed to see more of their relationship.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:52 PM   #5
Overdrive Omega
Comic Relief

Tommy's always been overrated. But given the history of the show, having Tommy remain as White Ranger...Was the best decision for the series.
Overdrive Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:54 PM   #6
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Tommy had to come back as White Ranger. The endings for Green Candle and Green No More were too sad. White Light gave us a happy ending we needed. It would have been too sad otherwise.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:57 PM   #7
Ranger Black
Comic Relief

From a writing stand point it would have been better to have his character arch end with Green No More. But I can't blame them for wanting to keep Tommy around as White Ranger. The show was so hot, why risk its popularity? Tommy didn't get overfocused on in Zeo, Turbo, and DinoThunder anyway.
Ranger Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 06:01 PM   #8
Tommy Hater
Ranger In Training

I don't think Tommy should have been on the show from the beginning. He always was a horrible character. The whole show became about him. If he would have just been an antagonist that was defeated at the end of Green With Evil, maybe it would have been different. But as soon as he joined the team he jumped the shark. The power loss storyline just dragged the show down. And was meaningless since he came back as White Ranger. And this is where things got worst.

He single handly ruined Forever Red, DinoThunder, and all the other episodes he has appeared in. I wouldn't even watch the hyper force where Drakkon showed up.

This is nothing against JDF. If he was on the show as a different character, things would have been different.
Tommy Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 06:03 PM   #9
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I don't know how anyone could hate Tommy. Especially with how great he was in his relationship with Kimberly.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 06:07 PM   #10
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

No, it was ridiculous they changed Kibaranger the way they did. Don't even get me started out season 2 and 3 bastardized the source material.Tommy should have died all the way back in Green Candle, just like Burai. The Zyu 2 footage episodes were a disgrace. Absolultely the worst of American Sentai. At least they never took so many liberties with the Sentai ever again.

I always thought it was dumb how the MMAS Rangers stayed around for more then a season. Same goes true for American Sentai Zeo and Turbo ( at least they changed casts midway through).
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply