Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/24/17, 09:25 PM   #21
Call Titanus
Comic Relief

Default Re: Should they do evil Green Ranger Movie next Movie Spoilers

I think the sequel will be like "Green With Evil" but with a bigger budget.
Call Titanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/17, 10:53 PM   #22
DanKnight1221
Putty Patroller

Given the movie didn't do as well as they were clearly wanting it to wouldn't be surprised if they don't make a sequel.

But if they do they 100% need to have it be about Tommy, especially after the closing credits scene. I would guess a loose adaption of Green With Evil although with Zedd being the one to control Tommy initially.

Truth is while calling the movie a failure is a bit much there is no way without a much more successful sequel they will actually make good on their six movie plan. Introducing the most popular Ranger character, at least to the average person and casual fans, is the only realistic way to do that.
DanKnight1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/17, 11:23 PM   #23
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

If there is a sequel they should forget about the six year plan and focus on making a kickass sequel. If its successful than you worry about more sequels.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 05:19 PM   #24
DanKnight1221
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad View Post
If there is a sequel they should forget about the six year plan and focus on making a kickass sequel. If its successful than you worry about more sequels.
I agree, I get Lionsgate felt it was their chance at their own cinematic universe. But while the movie was good I think it is clear they over estimated how hard it was going to be for most to get past a show with a reputation of being a kids show with silly monsters and low budget effects, to take an attempt to do a grounded big budget more mature reboot.

Yeah, I think it worked but people had to watch it first to see it worked. Most heard the name, I think they assumed it was a silly kids show. I think Power Rangers reputation worked against them.
DanKnight1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 06:16 PM   #25
Polly Want A Megazord
Comic Relief

I hope they stick close to "Green With Evil". But also keep things fun. The first movie was too serious at times.
Polly Want A Megazord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 06:23 PM   #26
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKnight1221 View Post
I agree, I get Lionsgate felt it was their chance at their own cinematic universe. But while the movie was good I think it is clear they over estimated how hard it was going to be for most to get past a show with a reputation of being a kids show with silly monsters and low budget effects, to take an attempt to do a grounded big budget more mature reboot.

Yeah, I think it worked but people had to watch it first to see it worked. Most heard the name, I think they assumed it was a silly kids show. I think Power Rangers reputation worked against them.
That seems to have been there goal. Looks like they are going to have to pump the breaks on that idea for now. If we even get a sequel.

It seems silly since we have seen kids franchises get big screen reboots for general audiences before. Transformers being the most successful. Also superheroes were once thought to be for kids. But the stigma seems to have hurt the movie's ability to connect with teens and adults.

I do think they needed to do a better job with the movie promotion. After the first teaser trailer, there wasn't enough to promote that this was a Power Rangers for a general audience. I do think it would have been hard to overcome the whole stigma. Since it seems so strong for whatever reason.

If nothing else, perhaps the existence of this movie will at least help to show that Power Rangers can be treated like a general superhero franchise. Even if it wasn't a big hit this time.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 06:28 PM   #27
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Maybe thats the problem. They need to target the kids and make a movie friendly to them. Just like they do with the show.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 06:29 PM   #28
Hailey Ziktor
Ranger In Training

I hope people are more open to the idea of a Power Rangers movie if we are lucky enough for a sequel..Tommy should be a good hook.
Hailey Ziktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/17, 09:23 AM   #29
Shadowhawk
Comic Relief

Outside of some publicity stunt like the Voltron team up idea, this is the way to go.
Shadowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/17, 09:28 AM   #30
Silverhawk
Putty Patroller

Honestly I really feel like we need at least another film with the core cast before we introduce another important character like Tommy.
Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply