Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/16/15, 07:07 PM   #1
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

Default How could Adam Morph ?

I love "Always A Chance". But why was Adam able to morph with his damaged morpher? The powers were gone after the Morphing Grid was overloaded by the Rito attack. Adam shouldn't have been able to morph at all.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/15, 08:00 PM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: How could Adam Morph ?

I was just glad to see an MMPR back. There must have been enough power for a one time morph. But it was way too dangerous.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/15, 09:32 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger View Post
I love "Always A Chance". But why was Adam able to morph with his damaged morpher? The powers were gone after the Morphing Grid was overloaded by the Rito attack. Adam shouldn't have been able to morph at all.
The powers weren't gone it was just too dangerous to use them because both the Morpher and the Coin were damaged which would have made any morphing attempts unstable as we personally saw in "Always A Chance."

Basically it was a case of the Dino Coins and Tiger Coins still existing as well as their related Morphers but the overload that occurred resulted in damaging their Coins' link to the Morphin' Grid.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/15, 01:06 AM   #4
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

I was confused at the time. Since I thought the power coins were destoryed. But later I realized they were only damaged and that the Ninja coins were only damaged. Kinda crazy that Adam still hung on to his though.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/15, 01:07 AM   #5
Sailor Danger
Comic Relief

Adam secretly hoped that he could become a Ranger again someday. Its pretty clear that he missed it very much. He probably kept his coin just in case of an emergency.
Sailor Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/15, 01:09 AM   #6
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I thought the whole thing made no sense and was just for plot convience. The Mastadon coin should have been powerless until Overdrive. I do have to admit that it was a nice episode. Too bad they did a medicore job explaining why his powers were back.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/15, 01:09 AM   #7
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I was missing the old cast by that time. So it was nice to have Adam back for one episode. I was hoping he would replace Carlos. But that was never happening.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/15, 05:53 AM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
I was confused at the time. Since I thought the power coins were destoryed. But later I realized they were only damaged and that the Ninja coins were only damaged. Kinda crazy that Adam still hung on to his though.
Not quite. The Dino Coins and Tiger Coin were damaged the Ninja Coins however were destroyed. They weren't the same coins despite some dialogue indicating such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
I thought the whole thing made no sense and was just for plot convience. The Mastadon coin should have been powerless until Overdrive. I do have to admit that it was a nice episode. Too bad they did a medicore job explaining why his powers were back.
I thought it made sense considering the original Coins (and Tiger Coin) and the Ninja Coins weren't intended to be the same coins... but the explanations were poor.
Old 11/13/17, 07:44 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

basically here's the run down.

Destruction of the Thunderzords resulted in the Rangers losing their powers and the overload damaged those Coins and Morphers.

Ninjor gave them new Coins and Morphers but they were later destroyed by Rita and Zedd once Rito had stolen them.

Adam ended up using the damaged Coin to morph and because the overload damaged its link to the grid he was using his own life force to act as a grid for the morph which is why Alpha was so worried about him morphing since the Coins aren't meant to be used like that since they're too powerful so it could've killed him
Old 11/13/17, 11:50 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

I think a lot of the confusion on this is due to people not realizing the ninja coins were separate. But Ninja Quest did make it seem like the dinosuar powers were gone forever. Of course Forever Red showed that Jason got his powers back with a fixed morpher/coin.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply