Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/23/18, 12:14 PM   #1
Power Kid
Putty Patroller

Default Why the last movie failed

It wasn't dark enough. People want to see a dark and gloomy Power Rangers.
Power Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/18, 12:20 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why the last movie failed

The tone of the movie was perfect. It should never be film noir or anytning like that.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/18, 12:21 PM   #3
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Its a shame they finally gave us a movie that treated the series seriously and not enough people came to see it.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/18, 12:22 PM   #4
Fanboy Supreme
Comic Relief

Its because they didn't let me write the film. They also can't change the tone without consulting me first.
Fanboy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/18, 12:23 PM   #5
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme View Post
Its because they didn't let me write the film. They also can't change the tone without consulting me first.
I think you are lost. Looking for the fan fiction section?
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/18, 06:49 AM   #6
Miki1988
Power Ranger

What they should've done is a sequel to the original MMPR movie, with PROPERLY UPGRADED versions of Zordon & Alpha, the children of the original movie's Rangers being the Rangers, new allies, villains, powers, Zords, arsenal, Command Center and a plot & story that would be the decent successors to those in the original movie.

I've seen the new movie and it disappointed me. Amy Jo's and JDF's cameo was useless in my opinion, because they were just the citizens of Angel Grove and not veteran Rangers. The original movie team should've been there to pass the torch at the end of the movie in a scene where their children find out that their parents were also Rangers. That would be an extremely important and meaningful moment in the new movie and would definitely leave the old(er) fans wanting more and leave the new fans wanting for more sequels.

The new movie seriously sucked. The original movie worked because it had what it had and because of who was in it. It had emotion, action, adventure, drama... everything. The new movie was heading into that direction, but it failed because it was a re-boot movie. Doing a re-boot movie straight from the start was a bad idea - it should have been a sequel to the original one first with the original cast members reprising their roles in it in a couple of scenes and then, there should be a second movie which would actually set the stage for new stuff after the old stuff had been cleared out.

However, now that Hasbro has PR in their hands, maybe it's not too late to fix that mistake- clear the old stuff out and then... in with the new stuff.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/18, 10:51 AM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It needed to he a reboot to appeal to a wider audience. Unfortunately it didn't work out as well as it should have.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/18, 10:52 AM   #8
VR Master
Power Ranger

I don't think the movie was too corny. It was actually pretty mature for Power Rangers. There was plenty of stuff in there that could have appealed to adults or superherp fans.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/18, 10:55 AM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

I really enjoyed the movie and was bummed that it performed unsatisfactory. I felt the story had a lot of heart and reimagined the Rangers well. The strength of the movie was the characterization of the Rangers. I thought the tone was perfect. It was cool having a Power Ranger Property that was targeted to older fans as well.

i do think the suit and zord designs probably hurt Toy Sales. Movie Toy Sales could have made the movie more profitable.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/18, 10:56 AM   #10
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Actually I think the movie failed because it wasn't fun and campy enough. No one wants to take Power Rangers seriously.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply