Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/10, 12:08 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Is SPD in the same continuity as the main PRU?

With SPD taking place in the future and show distant from the regular PRU. You can help but wondering if it is from another universe like RPM supposedly is. Greg Arnowitz ( Bruce Kalish's second in command) admitted that he wanted it to be. But the DinoThunder team up seems to contradict this. As well as "Once A Ranger". But I suppose you could say the SPD team may have went to another universe. SPD could have the same backstory as the regular PR Timeline. By all other accounts, SPD is considered part of the main timeline. But you have figure things will get murky if the show makes it to 2025. Its almost silly to worry about that now. Who knows what state the franchise will be in by that point. I'd probably have to say that SPD is in fact in the regular PRU. But at the same time I have to wonder if that will be retconned somehow in the future.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:08 AM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Is SPD in the same continuity as the main PRU?

IF MMPR to JF is the same universe and it is possible that PR will still exist by 2025. This is what will happen:

1. At some point SPD will have to be established as the one and only source of PRs to defend Earth, this was made clear on the show.
2. If 1 isn't done then SPD will no longer be in continuity regardless of teamups that happened after the SPD season.
3. 1 will never be done, because no one will be beholden to someone elses crapfest.
4. SPD is not in continuity.
5. SPD is an alternate reality.

The same could be applied to TF but since there is no way in hell that Power Rangers will exist by that point in time, there is nothing to erase it from the MMPR to JF continuity, therefore TF is still and will always be in continuity.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:09 AM   #3
chris3123
Putty Patroller

That SPD is in continuity with the rest of PR (minus RPM, perhaps) isn't a matter of debate. Any and all possibility of it not being in continuity disappeared once they made "History".
chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:10 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3123 View Post
That SPD is in continuity with the rest of PR (minus RPM, perhaps) isn't a matter of debate. Any and all possibility of it not being in continuity disappeared once they made "History".
I believe SPD is in continuity too. But for the shake of argument...What if the DinoThunder Rangers came from a parrallel universe or were parallel versions of our DinoThunder Rangers. Just something to think about.
Old 12/30/10, 12:11 AM   #5
chris3123
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I believe SPD is in continuity too. But for the shake of argument...What if the DinoThunder Rangers came from a parrallel universe or were parallel versions of our DinoThunder Rangers. Just something to think about.
Ok, but why? If they appear to be the same, what would be the point of them being alternate versions?
Old 12/30/10, 12:11 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ok, but why? If they appear to be the same, what would be the point of them being alternate versions?
I was just trying to get people thinking. It only becomes an issue if SPD gets retconned out in future seasons. But I consider SPD in the regular PRU. Its actually very possible that RPM will be retconned into the PRU someday.
Old 12/30/10, 12:11 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You are quite wrong. SPD was stated as being the sole source of Power Rangers on Earth after is establishing. Thus when 2025 comes around and SPD is not around and is not quelling other evil on Earth that the current PR team is fighting it will prove that SPD no longer exists in the mainstream Power Rangers continuity. Besides it was established that SPD had been around for a long time before 2025 thus if any of the five years before hand (that's being generous considering most people consider that a short amount of time) that will also prove SPD no longer exists in the mainstream Power Rangers continuity.

SPD's is destined to be written out of continuity.
Old 12/30/10, 12:11 AM   #8
chris3123
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
You are quite wrong. SPD was stated as being the sole source of Power Rangers on Earth after is establishing. Thus when 2025 comes around and SPD is not around and is not quelling other evil on Earth that the current PR team is fighting it will prove that SPD no longer exists in the mainstream Power Rangers continuity. Besides it was established that SPD had been around for a long time before 2025 thus if any of the five years before hand (that's being generous considering most people consider that a short amount of time) that will also prove SPD no longer exists in the mainstream Power Rangers continuity.

SPD's is destined to be written out of continuity.
I'm fairly certain I'm not, but I'm willing to hear you out.

Not saying you're wrong, but could you provide the source for this? It's been a while since I've seen the show.
Eh? "SPD is not in continuity right now because in the future PR might still be going, and it might contradict the show" isn't exactly a rock-solid argument. Even if this speculative future does come to pass, why must it be SPD that is counted out of regular PR continuity? After all, it would be the current show that is contradicting a previous one. Besides, SPD's connection to the rest of the PR universe has been well established. SPD rangers have appeared alongside rangers from MMPR, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, Mystic Force, and Operation Overdrive.

It's not destiny if it might not even happen.n.
Old 12/30/10, 12:21 AM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Do you really think I am going to rewatch that garbage to provide you an exact time stamp for whatever episode? Go rewatch it yourself if you want to know.

It will be written over and anything written over is either pushed aside or erased.

That is call a retcon, and the show doing the retconning is always the prime where the show that is being retconned is the $%#%! and gets thrown out.

If PR 2065 says that Tommy Oliver was the Blue Zeo Ranger, guess what the official PR history will be that Tommy was the Blue Zeo Ranger. If PR 2045 says that Tommy died during Forever Red, guess what offical PR history will be that Tommy died during Forever Red.
So. The series is well known for it's stupidity, time travel, and asinine attempts to sew a story together. A spectral robot ghost anyone that can travel through time and restore dead powers completely unrelated to it's own power, who says it can travel through space and time to alternate dimensions/realities/universes.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:23 AM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Actually from what I remember of WF, the Yellow Ranger had been a Ranger for at least a year prior to WF's airing. The other not Red nor Sixth Ranger were also Rangers before the show started.
Post New ThreadReply