Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11/14/16, 12:49 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default What if the MMPR Rangers stayed through Zeo

Any interesting question from Rangerboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdon View Post
That is, if there was never a Rocky, Adam, Aisha or Katherine

I don't really see Zeo playing out much differently if "The Power Transfer" and "Different Shade of Pink" never happened. Except the original character dynamics would've stayed throughout Zeo and to give more character development from where their characters left off in MMPR. That said, I have to wonder if Tommy would still been Red, or if Jason had gotten to stay red. I think a source out there did say "you are now the leader of the Power Rangers" was edited into "White Light" after the trio walked off the set, which makes complete sense considering "White Light" was filmed around that time and very episode afterward had Jason do the morph call. I guess that supports the assumption that Jason would've remained red and would Tommy have been blue?

I could still see Billy stepping down, as he was the tech genius and needed to hone those skills from inside the command center. Since there was only 5 possible rangers in "A Zeo Beginning", and of all rangers, whom would've possibly made more sense to step down, both story-wise and character-wise, with or without the cast between replaced midway through MMPR? That would've been my preference too, because making him basically a second Alpha added something totally new to Billy's character, whilst staying 100% true to his original mold- the smart one.

I can't really put my finger on who would be the Gold Ranger. Yes, there was Trey, but it was established throughout the season that Trey was unable to sustain the powers so someone else was a placeholder. However, that plot was only possible because the new cast came in midway MMPR, which left the door open for veteran rangers to return (thus Jason's comeback in "A Golden Homecoming"). Would Billy have been the Gold Ranger? If my theory is correct that Billy would still step down, he'd be the only former Power Ranger at that time. Regardless however, we still got that storyline of what happened at the destruction of the command center hanging over our heads, which meant Billy couldn't have powers anymore. I guess that would've left Trey to be the Gold Ranger full time, in a sort of ally ranger type role, assisting them throughout the end of the season (and would his identity have always remained mysterious akin to something like with the Phantom Ranger).

How do you think Zeo would've turned out and how would you have liked Zeo to turn out without the original MMPR cast being replaced? And would it have been better or worse? Do you think Billy would've stepped down and who would you have liked to step down or who do you think would've stepped down? Who do you think would've been the Gold Ranger?

I'm not really sure if it would have been better, although the original cast was very likeable, chances are they would've been just as burnt out in Zeo, as the Zeo cast was at the beginning of the Turbo season. I think the Zeo season was pretty much just fine as it was, but I couldn't help but speculate, as we always like to do about the originals
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote