Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/06, 02:51 AM   #1
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default This whole Miss USA thing

Anybody heard this story? Apparently, Miss USA 2006, Tara Conner, was busted for heavy drinking, drug use and making out with Miss Teen USA. A few days after the controversy broke, Donald Trump, owner of the Miss USA organization, decided to allow her to retain the crown as long as she agreed to go into rehab.

I've been thinking about it, and I think they're trying too hard to compare the Miss America crown with Donald Trump's crappy comparison. Miss America's steeped in tradition, and should maintain the values that were first set should she want to vie for the title. But Miss USA was made up to make money off the original concept, Tara shouldn't be forced to hold herself up to the same model.

Of course, she should get off drugs, so I'm glad she decided to do that. But treating Miss USA like it's some exalted career choice seems more than a bit lame to me. No one even remembers these girls' names, so Tara Conner's actually given this organization needed coverage. Trump probably let her keep the crown because she made people care about it for once.

If more beauty queens made out with each other, the world would be a much more peaceful place.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/06, 01:57 PM   #2
Neo Moonlight Knight
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to Neo Moonlight Knight Send a message via MSN to Neo Moonlight Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Neo Moonlight Knight
Default RE: This whole Miss USA thing

I read that it was heavy alcolism.. but drugs and made out? that's much more. It was nice of Donald trump not to remove her crown and let her go into rehab, since she was involved in alcohol since she was younger.

Donald trump also uses this as a Public relations chance.
Neo Moonlight Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/06, 02:39 AM   #3
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default RE: This whole Miss USA thing

Crap, now Miss Nevada USA got kicked out for making out with a girl when she was 17.

What's up with all the bisexuality, and how can I get in on it?
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply