Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/04/10, 02:07 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Some Fanfic ideas

Hi there I noticed they aren't any fanfics on here but before I post one of my own I want to know what people think about them.

One loosely based on the video game that came out on the Genesis, and Game Gear where Grimlord sucked them into an arcade game and they had to fight all those old monsters.

Like maybe the arcade game could be one of Ziktor/Grimlord's creations like in the Genesis game or a regular one that skugs tamper with during a fight, and it sucks them in during or after the fight.

One based on a what if scenario where Grimlord captures Kaitlin, and Amy returns to replace her, and they rescue Kaitlin but Amy stays anyway and they just give her a duplicate virtualizer instead of the whole Kaitlin having a clone thing

One where Grimlord frees an ancient Japanese yokai to be the MOTD.

Having an explanation for the battle grid suits either as training suits or as prototypes of the regular suits.

Taking a page from Metalder and having Grimlord's army be split into Mutants, Robots, and humans who are either Evil VR Troopers or just have their own powersuits.

Making Oraclon an amalgam of various Demon Gods from the pre Metalder metal hero shows and have him occasionally summon/create Kaiju esque monsters that the troopers fight with the skybase, troopertron, and their own zord esque jet fighters.

Making Grimlord, Despera, Doom Master, and Knighttime all members of some what if race of creatures similar to humans that evolved from other animals that also found the secrets of VR.

Having Grimlord's minions appear in human form as Ziktor's employees I.E. Strickland being the human form of Col. Icebot.

Having the battle grid turn up more often but only in remakes of episodes where characters didn't appear in VR Trooper mode at all.

Having MOTDs turn up in the battle grid such as Cobrot using some gorgon power to turn Kaitlin into a statue and taking on her appearence as the Kaitlin being held hostage by Metalbot, and the Skugs in a remake of Kaitlin's Front Page.

I also recently thought of one where Grimlord causes the Troopers to relive the same day over, and over again.

I also just wanted to tell anyone viewing this thread that if they have any ideas for VR Troopers fanfics to feel free to post them here because I would like to see if anyone else has any ideas, and because that way maybe we can help each other out.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/10, 03:50 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Some Fanfic ideas

I think the obvious fic to do would be a VR Troopers/MMPR crossover. I think its actually been done on fanfiction.net.

Doing a fic to tie up the loose ends of the series would also work. Could be done like a third season or something.

A simple fic about characters reactions to things would work.

Perhaps you could do some fics on the orgin of Grimlord, Tyler Steele. Maybe do a Fic about Ryan growing up.

I am interested in you're idea about the VR Troopers reliving the same day over again.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/10, 05:06 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Hmm that's all interesting.

I sometimes like to joke that there was this secret unaired PR/VRT crossover made during the third season of PR, and that my user name on Rangerboard is reference to the MOTD's Japanese name my only thing is I'm not sure what it should be about other than I want to use it as way to explain the battle grid suits the VR Troopers have by saying the box of Isis was really a piece of damaged Eltarian technology, and maybe have that as a plot point to connect the two shows together

I always thought it would be interesting to make a third, and maybe fourth season were they switch over to B-fighter.

Part of my problem is that I wish someone would have all the scripts or at least make transcripts from the actual show so I could get a good idea on how to write the episodes.

The idea about them repeating the same day was basically just some stand alone episode where Grimlord uses some whatever device on the troopers maybe while they are in the battle grid, and they don't notice anything until the next day and once they find out they fight one of Grimlord's mutants say Timebot I guess.

Same with the idea where they fight a Japnese yokai monster I just wanted to start small with my own stand alone episode, and I was trying to think of something that wasn't done on the show.

Some other ideas I have are when they switch over to season 2 Ryan gets a new battle grid suit that is based on his Shaider armor.

This may sound weird but before I actually saw the whole show I had this dream where there was an episode where the troopers were in battle grid mode in the real world like maybe something happened to their main armor so Professor Hart gave them the power to transform into battle grid mode in the real world.

Like maybe it could be a power up in season 2 to deal with the Ultra Skugs.
Old 08/17/10, 05:15 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

It would have been a cool team up, thats for sure.

You're B-figther ideas is a great idea for a fan fic. Especially since that would have been the source footage for VR Troopers Season 3. Until they decided to scap the show and do Beatleborgs instead. B-Fighter would have allowed them to have the team fight more together. It should have worked. I suppose you could just watch episodes of Beatleborgs and adapt them to VR Troopers season 3. Not that Beatleborgs as a B-Fighter hack by any means. I was actually going to start a thread about this. I'm glad you brought it up.

The Battle Grid Suits are interesting. As they we're never really explained. There is diffinitly a lot of fan fic material to work with there. It would have been a nice twist to see them fight in the suits, in the real world.

Having the Box of Isis be a relic of Eltar would have been a good idea to connect the shows. The Box of Isis itself is diffinitly something fic writers can explore.
Old 08/18/10, 06:04 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

I was going to post this in the thread about Kaitlin's clone but I realized this would be a more appropriate place for it.

I was trying to think of a way they could have introduced Amy as a fourth trooper, and I thought about Kaitlin goes Hollywood, and how that was right around the time Kimberly left on Power Rangers, and then I had a brain fart.

What if Kaitlin goes Hollywood was a multi parter where in the first part they get Amy to replace Kaitlin cause it looks like Kaitlin is leaving them but then in part two Kaitlin decides to stay, and Tyler makes Amy a new virtualizer.
Old 08/18/10, 06:35 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I was going to post this in the thread about Kaitlin's clone but I realized this would be a more appropriate place for it.

I was trying to think of a way they could have introduced Amy as a fourth trooper, and I thought about Kaitlin goes Hollywood, and how that was right around the time Kimberly left on Power Rangers, and then I had a brain fart.

What if Kaitlin goes Hollywood was a multi parter where in the first part they get Amy to replace Kaitlin cause it looks like Kaitlin is leaving them but then in part two Kaitlin decides to stay, and Tyler makes Amy a new virtualizer.
That would work. Now that you have brought her up and I saw that guys video review, it actually has me intrigued by Amy coming back. In a perfect world it would have been as the Red Python. But obviously that wasn't possible with the footage. I suppose you could have given her a power from another Metal Hero series. But that would have made the editing even more crazy. I guess the best way to do it, would be to have her be in the role that Kaitlin's clone filled.
Old 08/18/10, 07:12 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

That's actually what I'm thinking of doing.

That way the footage would be the same, and Amy could have a bigger role on the show.

I'm mostly like the idea of how an episode like Dream Battle would turn out like Amy's dream is her confronting the Red Python using footage from Rise of The Red Python.
Old 08/19/10, 02:57 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

That would diffinitly work. And would make a lot of sense.
Old 08/20/10, 02:51 PM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=vr+troopers#/d2moz19

Not mine but there is this guy who calls himself KND6 on Deviant Art who posted some ideas for how he would have done VR Troopers, and I gotta say some of his stuff sounds like stuff I want to do too such as making Amy a purple VR Trooper in my fanfics to tell her apart from Kaitlin, and adapting all the villains, and monsters from the Metal Hero shows.

The only thing I'm not too sure about is splitting the show into three seasons, and that's only because I wonder what you would do with the episodes that use monsters from two shows at a time but at the same time I can see why that could add more episodes.

I'm actually tempted to get an account on there just so I can talk to him, and ask him, but I would have to wait till I got my hands on a good graphics program or a scanner so I could make my own fan art, and post it on there if I was gonna go get an account on Deviant Art.

Another thing with regards to battle grid mode remember those battle grid VR Troopers action figures they made that came with carious weapons?

Well I want to have it in my story that whenever they transform into battle grid mode they can use some of the weapons from the action figures.

I.E. Ryan uses a laser blade on his hand in season 1, and in season 2 uses a laser katana, JB could use a bo staff, and Kaitlin can use a pair of daggers, not sure what Amy's weapon should be.

That, and say Kaitlin could also use her power transfer command ability while in battle grid mode.
Old 08/21/10, 07:02 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

The guy has interesting ideas for reboots. I'd be more interested in a season 3 fic series. Picking up the events of the show. Since we never got a real ending.
Post New ThreadReply