Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/02/14, 03:29 PM   #1
Peter
Putty Patroller

Default Marge and Billy season 1

Marge was my favourite of all of Billy's temporary love interests (it is unsettling, knowing what Yost was going through behind-the-scenes, how many short-term girlfriends Billy was given. I don't think the writing team would've done this deliberately, but it sometimes makes for uncomfortable viewing).

Having said all that, I wish Marge had stuck around. I really did. While I'll always ship Billy/Trini, I liked Marge. And at the end, she kissed him on the cheek. In the PRU, that's like third base.

And I loved how the kids faked a monster attack, just to get Billy's attention.

"Ask her to the dance!" says Jason.
"This was your emergency?" Billy asks, indignantly.
"The biggest one of your life," Zac nods.

I love these kids.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 01:38 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Marge and Billy season 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Marge was my favourite of all of Billy's temporary love interests (it is unsettling, knowing what Yost was going through behind-the-scenes, how many short-term girlfriends Billy was given. I don't think the writing team would've done this deliberately, but it sometimes makes for uncomfortable viewing).

Having said all that, I wish Marge had stuck around. I really did. While I'll always ship Billy/Trini, I liked Marge. And at the end, she kissed him on the cheek. In the PRU, that's like third base.

And I loved how the kids faked a monster attack, just to get Billy's attention.

"Ask her to the dance!" says Jason.
"This was your emergency?" Billy asks, indignantly.
"The biggest one of your life," Zac nods.

I love these kids.
I don't have a favorite of his short-lived girlfriends but I doubt the writers had any knowledge of David's sexual orientation or when it started to come around as well as the constant hate he got from crew members. Keep in mind that writers typically don't have contact with cast members so it likely would have been Directors or Producers that could've made such homophobic remarks towards him.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 03:56 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Its also not uncommon for even openly gay actors to play heterosexual roles. And sometimes heterosexual actors play homosexual characters. Its all just acting.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 06:16 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

very true. I mean look at Degrassi I'm sure a lot of those cast members are probably straight but they've created a few characters that are all parts of the LGBT community.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply