Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/15/11, 02:26 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Cybertron

You know I never thought to make a thread about this since it seemed so obvious.

What did you think of the Cybertron pilot?

I'll admit there's a lot of things I think would have been interesting like Tao being the mentor, Tao's daughter Mia, and Percy not only being a jock but also being Ziktor(who would have been Riktor)'s son.

My big thing though is obviously Jamie Kennedy as one of the comic relief characters.

Makes me wonder what would have happened had they gone through with the show since if it still had only two seasons this would have been what he did just before Scream

My only real gripe though is the transformation since he transforms by staring into a crystal which I think all but ruins it for me since I think that has to be the dumbest laziest idea for a transformation I can think of.

I do wonder how certain things would have been different like the mooks since the Skugs were from Spielvan, granted Metalder did have mooks, and they did appear in VR Troopers but only in certain episodes as the personal henchmen of MOTDs like The Magician.

That and who's to say they wouldn't have had American made mooks like the Z-putties, Tengas, or the Maggots from Masked Rider.

I do wonder though what would have happened if they had gone with the VR Troopers we got but still had Jason David Frank as the main character or even had him be Tommy.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/11, 07:59 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Its hard to say since it was just a pilot presentation. Its possible that it could have become close to the VR Troopers we knew, accept with JDF as Ryan Steele ( assuming they still changed the character's first name). They probably would have givening Cybertron a better transformation sequence.

But a show like the one we saw in the piolet would have been different. More like PR in certain ways. Sounds like we would have had a bigger rivalery between Ziktor and Adam then we did Ziktor and Ryan. But only having one hero would have made it a much different show.

Having JDF play Tommy would have been very interesting. Even if that was never the plan. Would have been a good way of tieing the show to PR. We could have even got a team up.

But its probably for the best that Tommy returned to PR. Since he was such a big part of MMPR mania.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/11, 11:06 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Would you have been happy Cybertron?

Bases on the Cybertron piolet presentation....Would you have been happy with that as a show instead of the VR Troopers show that we got. It seemed to have a more MMPR feel. Of course its possible things could have changed. We saw how much they really did.
Old 01/24/11, 01:18 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Would you have been happy Cybertron?

Never saw Cybertron. Not interested in seeing it.

Besides I doubt they could have gotten Cybertron on TV without a name change since Hasbro owns the name for their Transfomers series.

But if Cybertron meant no Tommy as White Ranger I would have loved it.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/11, 02:49 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
Never saw Cybertron. Not interested in seeing it.

Besides I doubt they could have gotten Cybertron on TV without a name change since Hasbro owns the name for their Transfomers series.

But if Cybertron meant no Tommy as White Ranger I would have loved it.
The piolet presentation is on youtube. Sirstack was able to aquire it. Its just a couple of short promos.

Yeah, the show's name would have diffinitly changed. But I am talking more about the original concept.
Old 01/24/11, 06:43 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

I decided to merge this with my Cybertron thread though I'll try to edit this so my threads at the bottom.
Old 03/21/11, 03:30 AM   #7
MMPRGreen
Comic Relief

I loved that pilot, if they would have allowed it to be Tommy, with the backstory of his character on PR, and eventual cross over I would loved it. I loved that theme song too.
MMPRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/11, 04:46 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPRGreen View Post
I loved that pilot, if they would have allowed it to be Tommy, with the backstory of his character on PR, and eventual cross over I would loved it. I loved that theme song too.
I thought of that as well. That doesn't seem to have been the plan though. As JDF plays Adam Steele in the piolet and not Tommy. Still its fun to think of the possibilities...If they would have used Tommy Oliver. They could have easily written in the lost father storyline. Since this was earlier in Tommy's run and before we had too much background about him.

I thought of written a fic using this idea. With JB and Kaitlin as Tommy's childhood friends. As well as Tao as a childhood mentor.
Old 03/21/11, 07:40 PM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I thought of written a fic using this idea. With JB and Kaitlin as Tommy's childhood friends. As well as Tao as a childhood mentor.
That would be cool I'd like to read that.

Anyway this has gotten me thinking about how I would have done the transformation on Cybertron, and at first I thought maybe he should put his hands on the crystal, and say his transformation phrase like in Captain Power, and the Soldiers of the Future.

But then I thought, and this is gonna sound weird but I saw a clip from this old Japanese super hero cartoon called Casshern about this guy who lets his dad turn him into a robot so he can fight an evil robot his dad made.

Anyway long story short what happened is his dad had this machine where there was the robot on one side, and the hero on the other, and it either transferred his consciousness into the robot or actually merged them together I'm not too sure which.

The reason I bring this all up is that in a lot of Japanese superhero shows both animated, and live action when the hero is either a human who's been turned into a cyborg or a robot with a human disguise the idea is that they don't need an outside device to turn into their robot form since they're already robots.

Anyway I was just throwing something out I hope that makes sense.
Old 03/21/11, 10:16 PM   #10
MMPRGreen
Comic Relief

I really would have liked the storyline Cybertron took place prior to his coming to angel grove, like cybertron is the story behind the ranger. Maybe eventually they could do the cross over, or maybe something where Tommy was the green ranger, lost his powers, and went to the only place he knew was home besides the rangers. Maybe something later on where Zedd has the keys to restore cybertrons power and dangle the whole save your parents and ect by working with me and destroying the rangers ect.
MMPRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
cybertron, jason david frank, power rangers