Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/01/14, 06:54 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Karato retrospective, and nostalgia

As you know Karato was Saban's next Americanization of a Toei superhero show.

It used footage from Kidou Keiji Jiban in it's first season for the titular character, and Tokusou Robo Janperson for the titular character in Season two along with his sidekick Silver Ray.

As well as footage from Blue Swat, and Rescue Hero all series long for the supporting heroes the Mega Patrol.

As you also know the show's two seasons have recently been put on Netflix, and Shout Factory has released it on DVD

So I felt it was a good time to talk about it.

I'll start by saying that I liked how Karato, and Silver Ray where the first gay robot couple on a live action children's superhero show.

I also liked Dr. Baron von Madman he was a pretty cool villain so were Goldex, and Wingar.

As for my favorite episode I'm going to go with Dr. Madman had his monster Elepunk steal little kids brains so he sell them on the black market.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/14, 01:25 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Karato retrospective, and nostalgia

good one.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/14, 11:20 AM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Thanks.
Old 04/02/14, 12:28 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

welcome, what did you think about the two that I thought about?
Old 04/06/14, 12:18 PM   #5
mbozzo
Power Ranger

I never heard about or seen any episodes of Karato. Is this a joke? If it is, i'm not laughing.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/14, 12:38 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

Yes it's a joke.

It's just that I liked those "New Powers" thread that showed up whenever Super Megaforce shows Pre-Zyuranger Sentai Rangers without explaining them, and all the silly, and weird stories everyone comes up for them, and wanted to do something like that.

Plus I've been watching a lot of Metal Hero shows, and one of them Tokusou Robo Janperson cameos in an episode of B-Fighter which was adapted into an episode of Beetle Borgs, they called Janperson Karato.

And lately I've been trying to come up with my own Ultimate style Power Rangers reboot story, and have reboots of the other Saban superheroes, and I thought it would be cool to have an actual Karato show based on Janperson.
Old 04/06/14, 01:59 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
I never heard about or seen any episodes of Karato. Is this a joke? If it is, i'm not laughing.
More like it was one of Zabitan's annual April Fools that he likes doing every April 1st much like I always post some kind of April Fool's every year on April 1st as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Yes it's a joke.

It's just that I liked those "New Powers" thread that showed up whenever Super Megaforce shows Pre-Zyuranger Sentai Rangers without explaining them, and all the silly, and weird stories everyone comes up for them, and wanted to do something like that.

Plus I've been watching a lot of Metal Hero shows, and one of them Tokusou Robo Janperson cameos in an episode of B-Fighter which was adapted into an episode of Beetle Borgs, they called Janperson Karato.
Yea, too bad they're too lazy to edit the stuff out during Super Megaforce.
I kind of forgot about that Beetleborgs episode.
Old 06/19/14, 12:24 AM   #8
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Yea, too bad they're too lazy to edit the stuff out during Super Megaforce. I kind of forgot about that Beetleborgs episode.
What's weird is that to me I joke about it but I honestly wouldn't care so much about it if they just took five seconds to show some Sentai footage, and make up synopsis for them.

Like say take five seconds to show some Flashman footage, and have Gosei explain they're the Star Force Rangers who protected Planet ZX12-1,000 from the galactic tyrant Darklor of Makainos 20,000 years ago.

As for the Beetle Borgs episode yeah it's been a while since I saw it too. Though I'm also trying to find a way to watch the B-Fighter episodes they used footage from, then watch them, and the Beetle Borgs episode back to back just to compare, and contrast them.

I do wonder why they didn't use the footage of the heroes from Blue Swat since I wonder what Saban would have called them especially since one of the MOTDs was their Big Bad.

Last edited by Zabitan; 06/21/14 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06/19/14, 04:12 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
What's weird is that to me I joke about it but I honestly wouldn't care so much about it if they just took five seconds to show some Sentai footage, and make up synopsis for them.
Now I'd be for that, like for example with Goranger, show them and have a Narrator explain they were the universe's first known protectors and the first ones that Zordon knew of.

Quote:
Like say take five seconds to show some Flashman footage, and have Gosei explain they're the Star Force Rangers who protected Planet ZX12-1,000 from the galactic tyrant Darklor of Makainos 20,000 years ago.
That'd be nice. Problem is you can't do that with every team. Battle Fever J for example can't be an alien team because each member has flags that represent a specific country or former union.

Quote:
As for the Beetle Borgs episode yeah it's been a while since I saw it too. Though I'm also trying to find a way to watch the B-Fighter episodes they used footage from, then watch them, and the Beetle Borgs episode back to back just to compare, and contrast them.

I do wonder why they didn't they didn't use the footage of the heroes from Blue Swat since I wonder what Saban would have called them especially since one of the MOTDs was their Big Bad.
I'm trying to do the same thing as well.

Do you mean one of Blue Swat's MOTDs was their Big Bad?
Old 06/19/14, 05:19 PM   #10
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
That'd be nice. Problem is you can't do that with every team. Battle Fever J for example can't be an alien team because each member has flags that represent a specific country or former union.

Do you mean one of Blue Swat's MOTDs was their Big Bad?
I'm thinking maybe Battle Fever J's Power Rangers version was an early attempt at a government made Ranger team.

And explain Maskman as a Ranger team that protected some ancient civilization.

It's like if Spirit of the Tiger had Sun Vulcan, and Casey explained it as Super Ancient Mystic Master Mode or something.

I mean Wingar one of the MOTDs from the Big Bad Beetle Borgs episode that had Karato, and Silver Ray was the Big Bad of Blue Swat.
Post New ThreadReply