Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/19/16, 11:46 PM   #1
Viva La Divatox
Putty Patroller

Default The second Turbo Team

Did anyone find it wierd that after "Passing Of The Torch" the next episode showed the newbies actling like they had been Rangers already for a long time?
Viva La Divatox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 10:53 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: The second Turbo Team

I always thought that was wierd. The next episode was just business as usual. Like they had always been friends. Its like we skipped a few months. Cassie and Ashley are already best friends. And the Rangers handle themselves like they have been Rangers for awhile. If you didn't know better you would think they had been Rangers all season. The Turbine Laser episode does mention they are new and features them rushing into battle. But thats the only adjustment momment we get. I think it made it harder to get used to the new team. Since you had " Passing of the Torch" make them Rangers at the end and all of the sudden they have already been Rangers for awhile.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 10:54 AM   #3
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

We got some of the best zany episodes with the new cast. My favorite is when they got baked jnto a pizza. I popped when TJ mentioned this in "Forever Red".
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 10:57 AM   #4
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

They really should have done a proper episode with the Rangers morphing for the first time. It would have been a good intro point for people just tuning in anyway. They were only a few episodes into the second half. Since Seasons were devided in half sandwiching the summer.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 10:59 AM   #5
Turbo Black
Comic Relief

I think the production changes were so big in the middle of producing the season that they quickly made changes to the cast. They wanted to just focus on the new team and its adventures. It was rather quick so it was hard to adhust to as a viewer.
Turbo Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 11:03 AM   #6
MMPR Supreme
Ranger In Training

I hated the change over. It killed whatever goodwill the show had left from MMPR. I actually stopped watching for awhile. Losing the old characters was the last straw. It was bad enough they already replaced Rocky with Justin and didn't even consider keeping Jason around.

Last edited by MMPR Supreme; 12/13/17 at 11:28 PM.
MMPR Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 11:18 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

We already got properly introduced to Carlos and Ashley at the end of the first half. And "Passing Of the Torch" was mostly done from TJ and Cassie's prespective. They did a great job introducing the new characters. So I don't mind jumping right in with them like business as usual. We already new Justin, like him or not.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 11:19 AM   #8
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Yes, We got to know more about Justin than we wanted to know. Of course focusing on him was oddly still better than more Tommy focus.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 11:25 AM   #9
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Second half Justin is actually a lot better. Since he is not pushed center stage and allowed to be just a regular kid. As opposed to the forced kid genius subplot.

Really second half Turbo is a much better series. The plots in the first half were boring and the old characters felt like they were being wasted. Justin was overly focused on. In the second half the new team got equal focus and seemed to be used better.

The episodes were better produced. Divatox even gets to be more menacing at times. The big thing here is it gave us a chance to get to know the Space Rangers before they became Space Rangers. Which was good because Space was so much about Andros. But it didn't matter because we already knew who the Space Rangers were from Turbo.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/16, 11:27 AM   #10
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Lets not forget "Chase Into Space". Which gets overlooked when the best finalie discussion is done. It is the best cliffhanger the show has ever produced.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply