Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/04/14, 07:01 PM   #1
Churlyryan
Putty Patroller

Default Lord Zedd superior to Rita? Please...

You know, a lot sucked about MMPR S2 in my opinion. I found the Thunderzords to be inferior to the Dinozords, the Zord fights were too rushed, the Red/Yellow/Black Ranger switch wasn't handled too well and there was hardly any Ranger/Monster fighting.

But one of the most ridiculous ploys was Zedds so called "Superiority" to Rita. I mean, Rita can win over Zedd any day!

Putties:

Rita had 2 types of Putties, one that can only be destroyed by a special weapon and the other can only be destroyed when all are beat. Zedd, on the other hand, his Putties die after ONE HIT! So long as you aim right, of course.

Monsters:

Lol, the Lipstick Monster is gonna destroy us! What will wi duuu! With the exception of the Zyu2 Monsters, the majority of Zedds monsters were a joke compared to Rita's. They were claimed to be superior to Rita's? Most of them were killed with ONE SWIPE of the Thunder Saber! Even some of Rita's monsters survived the Dino Megazords Power Sword (Frankenstein for one). Also, what about the ones killed by Thunder Ultrazord? You mean, they're dumb enough to dodge the body slam? Most of their concepts were also pretty silly such as the lipstick monster I spoke of before. Most of the monsters weren't even allowed to show their "true power" because of Sabans laziness to make American Ranger/Monster fights and even when they did, it was something lame like Pachinko Heads ball curse spell, weak. Thats another thing: Pachinko Head? Purse Head? Four Head? Flame Head? Pipe Brain? Scatterbrain? Magnet Brain? Cannontop? Trumpet Top? Good God! Whats with the lack of creativeness with name making?

So yeah, Zedd was cleary inferior to Rita. End of story.
Churlyryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 11:05 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Lord Zedd superior to Rita? Please...

It wasn't a case of them being lazy it was a case of them not having the proper suits, they use the same monster suits that Toei does so if they're not sent them then they have to make do with what they have when it comes to filming.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 11:41 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Saban wasnt being cheap. If he was they would have just hacked Diaranger completely. MMPR season 2 and 3 had bigger budgets than most seasons. Season 2 was during the point that MMPR mania was at its height.

Zedd demonstrated more.power.than Rita when he trapped her in the dumbster with no fight from her. Also none of Rita,s monsters were able to take down the Dinozords like Phrantushead. The Thundermegazord was more powerful than the original. Since the old zords were no match for Zedd's monsters. So its not surprising that they could take out the monsters with one blast. The Z Putties were more powerful. The Z spots were just their weakness.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 03:06 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

No doubt, the monsters were powerful so they needed the Thunder Megazord for them and because of how powerful the Megazord was not many of them could withstand its Finisher.
Old 11/02/17, 11:04 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
It wasn't a case of them being lazy it was a case of them not having the proper suits, they use the same monster suits that Toei does so if they're not sent them then they have to make do with what they have when it comes to filming.
in fact Dairanger probably had 50 villain suits give or take and how many of them did Saban get?

Here's a recap.

Gorma XVI (became Master Org many years later)
Chief of Staff Kaku (the red monster Dairanger's Mentor became) (became part of Dregon's Plague Patroller)

Iron Face Chouryo (became part of Dregon's other Patroller)

Birdcage Vagrant (became part of Incisorator)
Silverhorns (later became Repellator)

Pursehead
Terror Blossom
Bookala
Doomstone the Tombstone Monster
Beamcaster
Needlenose
Scatterbrain
Pachinkohead
Old 11/02/17, 07:37 PM   #6
Kira Fan
Putty Patroller

I liked Rita better. But I didn't watch MMPR until it came out on DVD. I first saw Rita as Mystic Mother.
Kira Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/17, 07:39 PM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Zedd was definitely more powerful than Rita. The ops examples are more because of real life production reasons. The Ranges never stood a chance against Zedd until they got their Thunderzords.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/17, 07:48 PM   #8
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Lord Zedd was Rita's boss . And she was very afraid of him. He stripped her of her powers and exiled her with no fight. They only became equals because of the love potion. Rita may have outsmarted Zedd but he was more powerful.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/17, 07:53 PM   #9
Zordon's Legacy Exposed
Power Ranger

Its likely Zedd gave her more powerful powers after they were married. Which is why she suddenly had the power to create her own monsters on occasion. And why she wasn't so scared of Zedd anymore. This is why Goldar was s against them getting married. He new Zedd would make Rita his equal in power. If Zedd did turn on Rita after , he wouldn't have been able to get rod of her so easily.
Zordon's Legacy Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/17, 07:59 PM   #10
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Zedd was more powerful than Rita but they were more powerful together. I have to admit Rita is my favorite. I do still love Zedd.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply