Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/16/08, 11:36 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Summer Movies

So has anyone gone to any summer movies lately. I am finding this summer to be full of great blockbusters. Even more so then usual.

So far I have seen Iron Man, Prince Caspian, Indiana Jones, and The Incredible Hulk. I was pleased with all four ( if you haven't yet give Prince Caspian some love and go see it in theaters, before it rotates out). I am looking forward to The Dark Knight and The Mummey 3. I also may see Journey To The Center of the Earth. I want to go see Prince Caspian again, but time seems to be running out for its theatrical release.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/08, 03:08 AM   #2
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

I liked Iron man that was a great movie,
I hope to see Prince Caspian and
the Incredible hulk soon
but I really can't wait to see the dark knight.
masked rider fearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/08, 05:21 AM   #3
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

I have seen Iron Man (pure greatness), The Incredible Hulk (much better than the first attempt), and Indiana Jones. I'm holding out on Caspian, mainly because I don't care for the first Narnia that much, aside from Liam Neeson voicing Aslan. That's almost enough to get me into the theatres a second time, though, since I'm a huge Liam Neeson fan. Time will tell, I suppose.

I'm very much looking forward to The Dark Knight. Batman Begins is my all time favourite comic book film, and one of my favourite films, period. Add to that that Heath Ledger is one of my favourite actors, and that's more than sufficient to get me through the door. And what with it being Ledger's final complete film, well, I'm sold.

As for other blockbusters, Hancock is one I'm itching to see. I can't wait to see that. Will Smith is another of my top actors, and to see him do a superhero flick, well, it should be interesting. The X-Files: I Want to Believe looks amazing. I've been waiting for it for 10 years (ever since Fight the Future), and hoping for 7, since the series was cancelled. It's about time, if you ask me. Let's just hope it's able to live up to 10 years of anticipation. Get Smart looks to be just as hilarious as it's source material, and a definite watch for me. Odd, too, since I can't stand Steve Carrell. He's almost as annoying to me as Will Ferrell.

I'm on the fence about several other films, though. Mummy 3 looks interesting, but, after The Mummy Returns, I'm wary. Wanted looks like it'll be good, but, well, I'm not a big Angelina fan. Hellboy 2 looks decent, so I may have to check that out. I'm hoping to avoid Zohan and Love Guru with extreme prejudice, as both look terrible. Of course, that could just be me, and the fact that I haven't truly enjoyed a Mike Myers film since So I Married an Axe Murder, and Adam Sandler's last several films have been disappointments.

I want to see Kung Fu Panda, as I've heard nothing but good things about it, and Jack Black's films almost always deliver. I'm also curious about Clone Wars, for no other reason than to see whether something decent might yet spawn from the Star Wars prequels, other than Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul. I'm not holding my breath, though. Indiana Jones barely survived Lucas' alien story (thank god Ford and Spielberg turned him down when he pitched "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars"), and was only saved by a good director, and good acting. Still didn't really sit with me as an Indy sequel, though. More like a big budget fanfilm.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/08, 02:22 PM   #4
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

The only one I've seen is Speed Racer, which has quite possibly become my favorite movie of all time.
Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/08, 09:12 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

I went to go see Caspian again today. It was very fun to see again. I can't wait until its comes out on DVD.

I don't think Indy IV could have felt exactly like the first three. Too much time has passed and the first three our classics. The character of Indy is older and the actor is older too. Plus we are living in a different time. The movie took place in a different decade as well. So its not surprising that it felt different.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/08, 01:00 PM   #6
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

Looking forward to TDK
Knightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply