Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/09/11, 03:24 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default RPM Episode 3 "Rain" Discussion

Discuss "Rain" here. The third episode of Power Rangers RPM.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 03:25 PM   #2
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Prepare for rambling

What was Dillian thinking? He just joined the team and then just left them all. It's a good thing he came back. He might be the best ranger in a while. Best black one since Tommy was on Dino Thunder (why wasn't there a lightning season?). The bad guys remind me of the machine empire. Why is it on at the same time as Kamen Rider Dragon Knight? Does Summer like Dillian? Why do ranger romances never seem to work (or at least the old ones)? What's wrong with spandex?

Are we going to disscuss every episode?
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 03:26 PM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Spandex provides no protection. It is a flimsy material.

Dillon (that is the correct spelling) in a dream saw someone from his past, the person he is supposed to be protecting. That person is his primary mission, Corinth isn't. He had to go find out who that person was and save that person, and also it would probably reveal his past.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 03:27 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Another good episode. I like how RPM is slowly setting itself up. Its nice to have an explanation to the powers from Doctor K. And its pretty clear that the power source her team descovered was in fact the Morphing Grid. I loved Dillion's "one condition" . The Sock puppet line was halarious. I also like on Doctor K can't stand the suits being called Spandex.

The montage with Dillion being put under the various tests was interesting. And implied a shooting/editing style barely used in Power Rangers. It was cool seeing him bond with he powers. Ziggy's mark out momment was halarious. The whole tease with Dillion about to leave was well done. I expected Dillion to come to the rescue like he did. Dillion reminds me of a Sixth Ranger. His mysterious backstory will be interesting to follow.

They have to be careful with Dillion though. You don't want to make him too powerful. But we have to wait and see just how the handle him. We know is is more powerful then most of the Rangers. Interesting to see so much focus on a Black Ranger as opposed to the usual we get on the Red. (BTW, the car joke was pretty funny. And set up what will be obvious tension between Scott and Dillion).

The concept of Venjix is cool, but the villains aren't really that interesting themselves. Perhaps things will get better once Tanayl has more of a role. I suspect she will be a challenge for Dillion.
Old 01/09/11, 03:28 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Dr. K reminds me of Mister Voice from Boukenger.

I have a feeling Tenaya 7 was once human, because the actress who played the girl in Dillon's dream looked a lot like Tenaya 7 imo, I'm thinking like Dillon she was modified with Venjix robotics.

I also have a feeling that Scott's brother isn't dead and he will play the Gold Ranger later on.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/11, 03:29 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah. Doctor K does remind me of the Boukenger character.
Post New ThreadReply