Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: What's your favorite weapon wielded by an Outer Senshi?
Space Sword 0 0%
Deep Aqua Mirror 0 0%
Garnet Rod 1 50.00%
Silence Glaive 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/08/08, 04:36 AM   #1
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Senshi Weaponry

The talismans were a cool addition to set the Outer Senshi apart. Which one did you like best?

Uranus and Neptune's were tacked on, they didn't hold the same majesty, not to mention they were tiny. And in a battle of staffs, the Garnet Rod had just a unique design that helped to describe Pluto's position more accurately than Saturn's did hers.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/08, 09:15 AM   #2
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Pluto's talisman not the Garnet Orb, which she stuck atop her Guardian Staff? I was under the impression from S that the orb was a separate piece from the staff, and not part of it's original design.

As for Saturn's Silence Glaive, how is it not a good representation of her position? It's, more or less, a sickle. Considering that she's the senshi of death, having a weapon reminiscent of Death's scythe makes perfect sense.

I have to vote for the Silence Glaive. It made far more sense than any of the others, and looked a heck of a lot cooler.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/08, 10:02 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Pluto's talisman not the Garnet Orb, which she stuck atop her Guardian Staff? I was under the impression from S that the orb was a separate piece from the staff, and not part of it's original design.

As for Saturn's Silence Glaive, how is it not a good representation of her position? It's, more or less, a sickle. Considering that she's the senshi of death, having a weapon reminiscent of Death's scythe makes perfect sense.

I have to vote for the Silence Glaive. It made far more sense than any of the others, and looked a heck of a lot cooler.

Chris
Thats an interesting observation about Pluto. Perhaps her orb really is separate from the staff. We know its the third talismon.

I would have to vote for the Silencing Grave too. Its pretty bad ass lol.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/08, 10:12 PM   #4
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

I double checked, and it's not an orb, as I thought. It's the whole top of the staff. But, as I thought, the staff itself isn't the Talisman.

Sailor Pluto holding her talisman

Big pic, so fair warning.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/12, 05:19 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Senshi Weaponry

Mod Note: Please keep in mind that the post before my own post in this thread was last posted in 2008 so that's a difference of 4 years. Now while this thread is that old, I'll still comment on it as if it's a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern View Post

Basically indeed Pluto's Talisman is just basically the top part of her Staff or rather what she calls the Garnet Rod.

Also as for the topic at hand, I find the Garnet Rod and the Silence Glaive to be the most impressive out of the weapons for the Outer Sailor Soldiers. I definitely agree with you that the Silence Glaiver definitely captures the essence of Sailor Saturn due to being the Sailor Soldier of Death (or as dubbers would say, the Sailor Soldier of Destruction.)
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply