Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/17/16, 09:47 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The darkness of Timeranger

I was chatting with MattEmily today about how much darker Timeranger was to Time Force. So I thought a thread about it would be cool.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/16, 09:47 PM   #2
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Default Re: The darkness of Timeranger

I've heard a little about Timeranger and from what I have read its worse than Time Force. Way too dark for PR.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/16, 09:50 PM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I really wish they brought even more of the darkness over. Obviously there is some stuff they couldn't do. But they could have kept FatCatFish killing Yuri/Jen's family. Eric dying like Naoto would have really added to the character. I like how they took Alex in his own direction though. Since his initial appearance didn't fit the Captain of Timeranger. I am also glad they went with Ransik over Gluto and his counterpart. But thats another story,.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/16, 09:50 PM   #4
Tommy Angel
Ranger In Training

This is why I hate Sentai, it just isn't suitable for children.
Tommy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/16, 09:52 PM   #5
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

I think Time Force actually got a lot right. But like Codfish says they could have done even more. But I realize there are certain things they couldn't do. Its hard for me to complain. Because this is one of the best Sentai translation the show has ever done. Sometimes I felt like I was watching Timeranger. Which is a good thing. Since in my opinion, Power Rangers should be as close to the Sentai as possible.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/16, 09:54 PM   #6
Ginger Snap
Ranger In Training

Funny since Ransik seems a lot darker than Gluto being the main villain. Which was what I read they did in the Sentai that you guys always talk about. I would guess Gluto was one of the darker elements?
Ginger Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/16, 09:56 PM   #7
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

I am going to actually disagree with my Sentai brother. I think the Alex stuff would have been a lot better if they followed the storyline with the Timeranger Captain. But I agree about TF being one of the best adaptions. But Power Rangers always leaves at least a little to be desired.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/16, 11:37 AM   #8
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Time Force already copy and pasted too many elements from Timeranger.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/16, 07:19 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
I've heard a little about Timeranger and from what I have read its worse than Time Force. Way too dark for PR.
Timeranger is definitely very dark even moreso than Time Force itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I really wish they brought even more of the darkness over. Obviously there is some stuff they couldn't do. But they could have kept FatCatFish killing Yuri/Jen's family. Eric dying like Naoto would have really added to the character. I like how they took Alex in his own direction though. Since his initial appearance didn't fit the Captain of Timeranger. I am also glad they went with Ransik over Gluto and his counterpart. But thats another story,.
yea it would've been nice if they kept some of the elements from Timeranger in there like Fatcatfish killing the family for example since Jen wanting to kill him just because he attempted to murder her and Alex while it made sense since she was too consumed with anger however I don't think someone attempting murder on her or her boyfriend would've caused that much anger.

I can't blame them with Eric since it's something Fox Kids didn't allow.

I'm definitely glad that they went with Ransik instead of Gluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Snap View Post
Funny since Ransik seems a lot darker than Gluto being the main villain. Which was what I read they did in the Sentai that you guys always talk about. I would guess Gluto was one of the darker elements?
Nope although Gluto did commit a lot of heinous acts based on word but really he wasn't that dark in Timeranger.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/16, 08:06 AM   #10
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Too bad Fox Kids were a bunch of sissies. I've been watching Timeranger the past few days and its quite good.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply