Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/20/12, 07:05 PM   #11
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: VR Troopers coming to DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Even though this thread is for VR Troopers on DVD, I think we should rename the thread title and just make it the general thread for all of the series that Shout Factory will be releasing on Saban's behalf. Any objections?
I guess you're right I just figured someone would have already given Power Rangers it's own thread by now, and hardly anyone was posting in this forum, and I thought this would get to come here.

I'll move, and rename it.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/12, 12:13 AM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers, VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turtles TNM coming to DVD.

You have a point. Once the VR Troopers DVD news begins to leak, we can make a thread in regards to that in order to get people to go in there. I try and pay attention to any news I get. I also get emails coming from TV Shows On DVD as well.

This thread should just be a general discussion in regards to all of the releases that Saban Brands will be doing through Shout Factory. As well as what people might want on the DVDs.

We can always make individual ones (discussion threads) later on. I just thought it'd be better as a general thread since it wasn't just talking about VR Troopers itself entirely.

Also it seems like the consultant Brian is speaking with is actually someone within the fandom.

Here's some things that I'd like to see with Power Rangers, Beetleborgs and VR Troopers.

First up is Power Rangers.
I'd like all uncut footage including stuff we haven't seen such as complete Zyu2 footage, complete Zyu 1.5 footage as well as any unseen episodes such as the original version of "Foul Play in the Play" and the first ep they had Patricia shoot in "Galaxy" before she decided to walk over salary issues. Not to mention I'd also like to see any different scenes with "Doomsday" if it's on tape like for example if they have any footage of Soga filming for them for those eps.

I'd also like to get a commentary from mostly Saban and Tony Oliver themselves to hear what they had to do in regards to the show. As well as commentaries by popular writers such as Chip and Jackie-mite. (bonus points if someone gets my Jackie-mite joke.)

Second of all, VR Troopers is next. Obviously anything uncut and of course any bloopers.
I'd like a commentary by the main 2 writers and at least by 1 of the cast. Probably either Brad or Sarah.
I don't know what else they could really do there other than include the Cybertron pilot.

Beetleborgs. Not much I can request. Just unseen footage and bloopers. Also I'd like to see a 'making of' for Flabber and all of the Hillhurst Monsters including Little Ghoul.
I'd also like to hear commentary including in regards to what happened with the 1st Jo actress. It's such a mysterious with the reasons as to her leave of absence. Did she leave just because she wanted to? Did she leave because she got a better offer? Did she leave because she didn't want to act anymore?

Last edited by MattEmily; 03/21/12 at 05:28 AM.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/12, 05:55 AM   #13
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Power Rangers, VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turtles TNM coming to DVD.

Wasn't Forever Red supposed to go for like an hour until Disney told them to cut it? I'd like to see all the footage they omitted from that episode.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/12, 03:46 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed but not a lot of that stuff was actually shot.

Amit wanted to include things such as Kat pulling up to pick up Tommy (and Kat would be seen wearing her Zeonizer to imply that she's working as Zeo Ranger 1) and that he wanted her and Tommy to be married but such a scene wasn't ever shot.

Most of the cut scenes that were shot have found their way online.
Old 03/21/12, 08:46 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Power Rangers Samurai (not Super Samurai, just Samurai) is coming to DVD in June.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16690
Old 03/23/12, 01:18 AM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

More news in regards to Samurai on DVD.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16697#ixzz1psKOTROw

Looks like they will be including various bonus features such as their auditions and their training off-camera. Also... did I read that right? Are they finally including bloopers? Wow, amazing. Looks like I'm gonna be buying them then.
Old 04/13/12, 07:38 PM   #17
Zabitan
Administrator

I just thought of something else.

How about interviews with the cast and crew?
Old 04/13/12, 08:49 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

That'd be cool. Sounds like they're interviewing some people. Brian Ward, 1 of the main guys working on the Shout! Factory DVDs stated he was in Force/Balance not too long ago.
Old 05/09/12, 07:59 AM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Looks like the press release has came.

Quote:
7-season pack to be online only, as is a six-disc 'Complete 1st Season' set; Shout! puts 'Season 1, Part 2' in stores this fall, following the August 21st 'Part 1' debut.

Fans will have the first opportunity to collect upcoming box sets through a Time Life direct-response television and online campaign. Shout! Factory has teamed up with Time Life to make Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season One 6-DVD set and the 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers: Seasons One - Seven directly available to fans starting July 30, 2012 through Time Life's direct-response on-air TV campaign, as well as online.

MMPR's Volume 1 will have the first 30 episodes and it will be released on August 21. Looks like there will be 3 discs included in the set. Volume 2 will do the same.
The Power Rangers Seasons 1-7 40-DVD bonus collection (which will cover all of the Zordon-era as well as Galaxy) will include bonus features such as "a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand-new interviews with members of the cast and the creative team, and much more!"

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mig...#ixzz1uNAqnFUW

Last edited by MattEmily; 05/09/12 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05/09/12, 11:10 PM   #20
Zabitan
Administrator

That kicks ass. Now we just have to wait for the other shows. Though I will say that if this is typical of how all the other shows are going to be done I'll just wait for the VR Troopers box set.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beetle borgs, dvd set, ninja turtles, power rangers, vr troopers