Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/11/17, 11:47 AM   #61
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: Did Diabolico really turn good?

The real answer that she won't tell us is that all the characters she doesn't like are evil to her. She can't just say they are poorly written characters or that she doesn't like them so Kim just takes the easy way out and says they are evil. That and she knows Kat ends up with her precious Tommy instead of PRU Kim.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 01:03 PM   #62
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
She seems to love Tommy and think he was a hero. Yet he was under an evil spell like most of the Rangers she listed.
exactly yet one could argue the same thing about him. "Tommy is truly evil and his current act of good is just an act on his part." see how easy it is to make something up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
The real answer that she won't tell us is that all the characters she doesn't like are evil to her. She can't just say they are poorly written characters or that she doesn't like them so Kim just takes the easy way out and says they are evil. That and she knows Kat ends up with her precious Tommy instead of PRU Kim.
yup that's my point exactly she attacks the ones she hates by calling them evil but if she likes them then they're not evil to her even though she's not making any sense at all you can't just pick and choose who you believe to be evil just because you hate them that much I mean if you hate a fictional character that much that you need to come up with made-up bull crap then you seriously need to find a new hobby.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 04:55 PM   #63
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Tommy never tried to go after Billy or any of Kimberly's other ex boyfriends while he was under the spell. He only did what Rita wanted. Rita even made him insult Kim. Which Tommy would never do. The evil sword also made it harder for Tommy to break the spell.

I would have to re-watch DinoThunder. I haven't watched it in years since I don't care about it that much. I am not sure if I even want to rewatch. So I may have to concede that Trent was just a jerk. I really don't care as much about the others, besides Kat. I am really adament that she is evil. I do think the others on the list are evil though.

Its not that I hate the other characters. I just don't care about them all that much. Kat is the only one I do hate for ruining the greatest relationship in tv history. Plus she got to be a Ranger and never paid for her evil deeds. I really hope Zordon's Wave vaporized her.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 06:15 PM   #64
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Fanatic View Post
No because his counterpart didn't turn good in GogoV.
his counterpart is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
Tommy never tried to go after Billy or any of Kimberly's other ex-boyfriends while he was under the spell. He only did what Rita wanted. Rita even made him insult Kim which Tommy would never do. The evil sword also made it harder for Tommy to break the spell.

I would have to re-watch DinoThunder. I haven't watched it in years since I don't care about it that much. I am not sure if I even want to rewatch. So I may have to concede that Trent was just a jerk. I really don't care as much about the others, besides Kat. I am really adament that she is evil. I do think the others on the list are evil though.

Its not that I hate the other characters. I just don't care about them all that much. Kat is the only one I do hate for ruining the greatest relationship in tv history. Plus she got to be a Ranger and never paid for her evil deeds. I really hope Zordon's Wave vaporized her.
Don't forget that we don't know what Tommy would've done since the other Rangers never had girlfriends/boyfriends in fact Zack, Kimberly and Billy were the only ones who ever had any love interests in the first season and we never saw them during the evil Green Ranger saga.

Trent is not evil or a jerk BUT his "Step-Dad" was certainly a jerk for most of the season.

Kat is NOT EVIL and she had nothing to do with ruining Tommy and Kimberly's relationship the ones who ruined it was Kimberly herself since she wanted to do something for herself and train for the Pan Global Games and her actress; Amy Jo Johnson who wanted to ditch the show to further her career so there's your excuse for Kimberly being evil she was selfish character-wise and actress-wise for wanting to further her career now that is what I would seriously call evil since that was selfish and greedy of her.
Old 11/11/17, 06:15 PM   #65
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

I don't see where any of those characters were evil. Astronema and Ryan only worked eith the enemy of their own free will. But they came around and became good. Kat was a very good person and I liked her better with Tommy than Kim. I can't say I loved the character but she was pretty good.

But on the main topic itself. I don't think Diabolico turned good. If anything he became an anti-hero.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 06:22 PM   #66
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Kim wasn't evil but she definitely had more character flaws than Kat. And its telling that she wasn't mature enough for a long distance relarionship with Tommy. Also Kat left the Rangers because Zordon and Dimitria felt it was time for the old Rangers to retire. Kim left for her own personal gain. Even though she had to be "talked into it".
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 06:24 PM   #67
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Too be fair neither would most teenagers be ready for that type of relationship. We don't even know if Kat would have been in her place. It was arguably healthier for Kim and Tommy to break up before she left.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 06:24 PM   #68
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge View Post
I don't see where any of those characters were evil. Astronema and Ryan only worked eith the enemy of their own free will. But they came around and became good. Kat was a very good person and I liked her better with Tommy than Kim. I can't say I loved the character but she was pretty good.
exactly because they're not evil. Karone and Ryan were only evil because that's all they knew so it's a kind of brainwashing but without actually doing anything to the victim except in Ryan's case Diabolico was trying to emotionally damage him but like you said they both came around in the end.

Also exactly Kat is a very good and she is better with Tommy that I agree with as well. Tommy and Kimberly just don't have that electric chemistry that Tommy and Kat do plus Kimberly would've never been brave enough to offer her up as bait as a diversion while he went to get the Zeo Crystal much like Kat did. I didn't think very highly of Kat until at that point which basically has her than Kimberly in my favorite Pink Ranger list.
Old 11/11/17, 06:32 PM   #69
Evil Kim
Putty Patroller

I think Kim had a lot of negative qualities that contribute to her eventually becoming a villain. But not because I hate the character. I really like Kim as a character. i just think it is an intriguing character development. Kat just doesn't seem to have much evil potential. Which iw probably the twisted reason Rita chose her. It amused her to force a pure young woman to be evil.
Evil Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 08:44 PM   #70
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Kim wasn't evil but she definitely had more character flaws than Kat. And its telling that she wasn't mature enough for a long distance relarionship with Tommy. Also Kat left the Rangers because Zordon and Dimitria felt it was time for the old Rangers to retire. Kim left for her own personal gain. Even though she had to be "talked into it".
that she did have more flaws than Kat did and Kimberly wanted to go train for the Pan Global games she was just reluctant about leaving the Ranger team but had a backup plan on standby if the others persuaded her to leave and to not worry about the Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Too be fair neither would most teenagers be ready for that type of relationship. We don't even know if Kat would have been in her place. It was arguably healthier for Kim and Tommy to break up before she left.
that's true not to mention Kat had just gotten through who knows how long of being under Rita's control. Tommy and Kimberly should've broken up before Kimberly left for training but why they didn't do that is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kim View Post
I think Kim had a lot of negative qualities that contribute to her eventually becoming a villain. But not because I hate the character. I really like Kim as a character. i just think it is an intriguing character development. Kat just doesn't seem to have much evil potential. Which iw probably the twisted reason Rita chose her. It amused her to force a pure young woman to be evil.
I agree that Kat doesn't have much evil potential it's telling that Lord Zedd himself wasn't that crazy about Kat but that he wanted to make Kimberly his new Rita and yes I do agree that those reasons were probably why Rita chose her well that and the fact that Kat was new in the area and therefore no one would've been suspicious of her being under a spel.
Post New ThreadReply