Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/11, 10:13 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default The VR Troopers video game.

What did you think of the VR Troopers video game that came out on the Genesis, and Game Gear?

Personally I didn't like it all that much I thought the enemies were kind of cheap so much so that you had to play it on the lowest difficulty because the only way to defeat the enemies is to spam your combos, and I didn't like how in the Skug fight how cheap they were, and if didn't beat them you had to start the fight with the monster all over again.

The rest is just nitpicks like how there's only one Spielvan monster, and it's an MOTD I would have liked to see General Ivar, Col. Ice Bot, and the Red Python as bad guys, as well as Zelton, Toxoid, and Blue Boar since they were originally generals in Metalder, and have the final boss be Grimlord himself.

That and I wish that since the Skug fights were in the Battle Grid they could have used the actual Battle Grid suits from the show for those sections.

Hypothetically speaking if I made a VR Troopers game I would like to see a beat em up like the MMPR games for the SNES that or, and this is going to sound weird I heard there's all these games in Japan that feature the Metal Hero characters or poor man's versions of them like Strategy RPGs, Beat em ups, and what not.

One game in particular I've played is called Cosmo Police Galivan for the famicom (if you must know I used an emulator but that was only because you can't buy it in America so don't take that as a blanket statement endorsing downloading), and it plays like a cross between Zelda II, and Metroid ( I'd say it reminds me of a Metroidvania game but it actually predates even Symphony of the Night by a decade I think), and I think it's pretty cool especially how it integrates Metal Hero elements into a side scrolling action RPG platform game I.E. you have to kill enemies to get power ups to transform into your Metal Hero form, and there's even a part where you have to go into this other dimension, and fight a mini boss to get a weapon you need to fight the boss.

http://www.1980-games.com/us/old-gam...livan/game.php

Last edited by Zabitan; 01/08/11 at 04:18 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/11, 10:29 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

I didn't even know that VR Troopers has a video game. You learn something new each day.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/11, 10:33 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

That sounds like an interesting RPG.

I never had a chance to play the VR Troopers Video Game. I still have Genesis. So I suppose I could try tracking down an old copy.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/11, 10:35 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
I didn't even know that VR Troopers has a video game. You learn something new each day.
Game Gear version
Genesis
Old 01/08/11, 11:44 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
Yeah its pretty old though. A lot of shows seem to get video games. Especially back then.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/11, 09:19 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: The VR Troopers video game.

I know this is a bump, and it's kind of OT but I just thought of something what if they made a VR Troopers FMV game like they did for MMPR on the Sega CD?
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
video games