Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/05/11, 09:06 AM   #11
Vickram101
Putty Patroller

Send a message via Skype™ to Vickram101
Default RE: Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

I love gokaiger, It's such a great season. I still want to see them transform into Zyuranger, Ohranger and Bioman.
Vickram101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/11, 03:15 PM   #12
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Ya it is a great series but i was left confused because of the whole did they die or what, but since my favorite red sentai ranger Jyan was in it alive and well and still; wareing long, he might want to put Long in a vault or something, because its only going to lead to trouble, if Long gets out again.
ciaranred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/11, 07:23 PM   #13
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Vaults are for treasures not your archenemesis turned into a pretty necklace.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/11, 11:39 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

The last new episode was pretty interesting. We got to see the Emperor of Zangyack and his design looks pretty cool. We also got to see 2 of his own crew members as well as the Emperor being very cruel towards Gil's bodyguard.

It was also very interesting how it was discovered that 1 of the Emperor's Generals was actually the one that was responsible for the destruction of Ahim's planet and at least some of her family. It was very telling how she went nuts once she saw that monster considering she's usually very calm.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/12, 10:19 AM   #15
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
The last new episode was pretty interesting. We got to see the Emperor of Zangyack and his design looks pretty cool. We also got to see 2 of his own crew members as well as the Emperor being very cruel towards Gil's bodyguard.

It was also very interesting how it was discovered that 1 of the Emperor's Generals was actually the one that was responsible for the destruction of Ahim's planet and at least some of her family. It was very telling how she went nuts once she saw that monster considering she's usually very calm.
I remember that Episode. The Form Changes at the end of that episode was probably the best scene in the whole series to be honest.

On another note. I heard earlier back that there might be the possibility of Gokaiger having a few more episodes then 50. It sure looks like that way at the moment considering Ep 48 comes out this week and neither Basco, nor half of the current Zangyack Crew has even been killed yet. Yet Gobusters is supposed to begin airing on the 26th of February. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokumei_Sentai_Go-Busters]

I hope they don't completely ruin the ending of Gokaiger just so they can finish it quickly enough in time for the debut of Gobusters. That would disappoint me >.<
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/12, 10:36 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

The last episode was pretty interesting. Too bad the female bad guy never had much focus to begin with but oh well.

It's also interesting how the treasure is basically like the Tri-Force in the Zelda games but obviously not the same thing. It is also interesting how the Will of the Earth used the treasure to communicate via the treasure.

It is also interesting how the treasure can be like a Z-Wave but just for the Zangyack if the Gokaiger want to use it to rid themselves of the Zangyack however the bad point is that the treasure, if it uses its full powers then it'll delete the history of all previous 34 Sentai teams.
Old 02/19/12, 08:37 AM   #17
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

~~~~~~~~~~ Spoilers Ahead ~~~~~~~~~~

Kinda depressing that Gokaiger is coming to an ending.

Loved the Mecha Massacre at the start of 50. Was epic.

Quote:
Too bad the female bad guy never had much focus to begin with but oh well.
Yeah. I actually thought she was the most competent out of all the Zangyack. What annoyed me about it was that they spent 2-parters on these guys that appear in the last 10 or so episodes yet she gets destroyed in 1.

On a random note.

I spotted the Green liquid coming out of his mouth and was immediately like:

Basco's an UNDEAD!?!?

Probably a coincidence but oh well... Maybe He might be coming back for Superhero Taisen

Quote:
It is also interesting how the treasure can be like a Z-Wave but just for the Zangyack if the Gokaiger want to use it to rid themselves of the Zangyack
Funny how alot of things in Gokaiger remind you of PRiS aye?
Old 02/20/12, 10:26 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed and who knows with Basco and the green blood. Keep in mind the Orgs had green blood and it was also shown in Timeranger with Gluto having green blood.

I can't comment on any other seasons though since some of them I haven't seen and there are others that I don't remember as well.

Anyway the last Gokaiger was awesome. The Emperor didn't want to go down so the answer was given that the Gokaiger did have access to the previous teams' power-ups but they just didn't want to use them. I do wonder if that means they would have access to AbaRed's AbareMare power-up. Probably didn't spell that right but it's close enough. I'm referring to what we know in the Power Rangers fandom as the Triassic Ranger.
Old 02/21/12, 08:53 PM   #19
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Anyway the last Gokaiger was awesome. The Emperor didn't want to go down so the answer was given that the Gokaiger did have access to the previous teams' power-ups but they just didn't want to use them.
I'm surprised they didn't use that until the final episode. Deep down I was always waiting for Gokaiger to get their Power-up and I was expecting something similar to what we got or something similar to Decade's K-Touch where the past rangers show up beside them.

And I expected them to get that power-up earlier. I mean something like half way through the series. Shinkenger got the Ironmaru and Goseiger got Super Gosei Mode pretty early in their respective series. Would have made it a tad bit more epic if we got a Gokaiger Power-up instead of a once-off thing at the end. But I guess that would've made their power-up a bit 'over-powered'.
Old 02/21/12, 09:11 PM   #20
Zabitan
Administrator

Semi OT with regards to the green blood thing I have a theory (read: THEORY so take it with a grain of salt if it sounds dumb).

I've been to TV Tropes, and they have a section on Dark is Not Evil, and one on Light is Not Good anyway in both sections they mention that in some cultures like Japan white is the color of death, and black is the color of life.

To the same degree though they still have a lot of stories that still play to the whole Light is Good, and Dark is Evil thing so in a lot of shows you see both good guys, and bad guys in both black, and white.

Anyway the point I'm trying to get is that in a lot of these same shows Green is used as a color that represents evil or at least darkness like Spielban, and Metalder where you have monsters that are made or can turn into green slime, or are plant based, and there's Zyuranger where the Ranger who started of as a bad guy was green.

Part of it I think has to do with the fact that people on both sides of the pacific associate green with things like bugs, and plants which are common monster types, forests which getting lost in is something that scares people, and not to mention radiation, and things that glow in the dark.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply