Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/11, 11:25 AM   #1
TaJaDoru
Comic Relief

Default The Exciting Night

Author's Notes: This is a one-shot fic centered around a family in an alternate Power Rangers RPM Timeline. Daniel Mikel is (again) played by Taylor Lautner, Diana (Carter) Mikel is played by Genevive Cortes and owned by Ilana, and Mandy Mikel is played by Taylor Swift and co-owned by me and Ilana.

Title: The Exciting Night
Author: R1 Max (Daniel)
Couple/Character: Daniel and Diana Mikel, as well as their daughter and son from a series of games done with Ilana.
Short Summary: When the birth of their grandchild arrives, Daniel and Diana have to fight the toughest fight of their lives: being there for their 18 year old daughter, Mandy.
Warning: This is PG-13 due to excessive language.

A/N: Daniel is mine, Diana is Lanas, Mandy and Joey are co-owned, Jeri's all mine, and the baby later on is co-owned. :3

Three AM on the morning of August 10th, Daniel was trying to sleep with his wife of nineteen years, Diana, when the sounds of Mandy, his daughter, screaming woke him up. He sat upright in bed, reached over for his sweats that had been discarded in a bought of passion that night and threw them back on, turning on the light as he raced downstairs.

“Mandy?” he asked, knocking on his daughters door as he opened it. He looked at the scared teenager, and he looked down, seeing what the source of the scream was. “Oh, shit.”

“Dad….we need to go to the hospital! My fucking water just broke!” Mandy said, her eyes wide as she looked at her dad. “Hurry!” She started pulling a pair of jeans on and she slipped into her shoes, reaching for her jacket.

Daniel started back up the stairs as Diana was coming down, worry on her face. Daniel stopped her and pulled her back up, wordlessly starting to get dressed. Jeri, their son Joey’s girlfriend, was already dressed and jumping over the banister of the second floor, landing on the floor. Joey wasn’t too far behind as Diana pressed Daniel against the wall.

“What the fuck is going on?” she demanded, fear and anger blazing in her normally calm silver eyes.

“Mandy’s water broke, she didn’t know what to do, and she screamed. We’re trying to get her to the hospital. She’s going to need all of us tonight,” Daniel said, pulling out of Diana’s grip as he walked around her, getting dressed. “Hurry and get dressed. I’m going to get Mandy in the car.”

Two hours alter, both of them were standing in Mandy’s hospital room, Diana holding her daughters hand as Daniel closed his eyes, hoping that this would be over for her soon. She hadn’t wanted to know what the baby was, nor did she have any indication to want to know.

“Daddy?” Mandy asked, fear in her voice as she motioned for her dad. “Come here.”

Daniel walked over and put his hand in Mandy’s, smiling down at his daughter. He kissed her forehead, and he felt that she was hot, almost too warm, and he reached behind him and turned on the AC. He sat down and kept her hand in his. “What is it, honey?” he asked, looking down at her as he waited for her answer.

“You’re not mad at me for this?” she asked, her voice nervous as she looked up at him. “You’re not mad at me for getting pregnant and all of this, are you?” She was scared that he was mad at her, and she’d only seen him angry a few times in the past, and it was something that she didn’t want to see again.

“No, Mandy, I’m not. I already told you. I’m proud of you. I know that this didn’t go the way that you wanted it to, but that’s what life is: unpredictability. Hell, when I first met your mom, she didn’t even know that I existed. She hated my sister, and I thought that she was beautiful,” Daniel said, smiling.

“Just thought? Daniel, my love, that was twenty years ago,” Diana said, finally speaking up since she hadn’t since getting mad at Daniel back at the house. “Honey, what your dad’s trying to say is that no matter how much you plan your life, you’re not going to get that exact plan. Hell, I didn’t plan on my apartment building collapsing, winding up in the Dome, getting almost killed by your dad on a few occasions, falling in love and marrying him, or having you or Joey. But I wouldn’t change anything that happened. I wouldn’t change a single fucking thing. Being married to Dad has been the best thing to ever happen to me, other then you and Joey, of course.”

Mandy smiled, and she looked up at Diana. “I know, Mama, but…..I’m just scared that I’m not going to be a good mother,” she whispered, looking down at herself. “I’m afraid I’m going to fail.”

“Mandy…..” Diana started, but she was cut off as the Doctor came in. “Dr. Thompson.”

“Diana. Mandy, it’s time,” the doctor said, smiling as she nodded at the younger girl. “I’ll be right here every step of the way, and I know that your parents will be, too.”

“Damn right they better be,” Mandy said, looking at Daniel and Diana.

As the younger girl took her parents hands, the doctor ordered her to push, and Mandy did. Her screams filled the room, coupled with encouraging words from her parents. Mandy cried out in pain a few more times before she was allowed to breathe, and she looked up at Diana. “I can’t do this,” she moaned, feeling her heart clenching. “I can’t keep this up, Mom!”

“Amanda, you’re going to be fine. It’s just a little longer, baby,” Diana said, looking at her. “You’re doing fine, honey. Just a little more.

“Alright, Amanda, I need you to push again,” Dr. Thompson said, looking at Mandy. “One big push, honey.”

As Mandy gritted her teeth, she gave an almighty push, screaming through the pain as she did. She yelled and yelled, her voice starting to go hoarse from all of it, and she looked at Daniel and whined in pain. A few more pushes and a reverberating scream later, the only sound in the room was that of a baby crying: Mandy’s son. The doctor cleaned up the baby and wrapped him in a blanket, taking him over to Mandy.

“Congratulations, Mandy. He’s a healthy baby boy. Seven pounds, six ounces, and he’s fifteen inches long,” she said, handing off the baby to his mother.

Daniel smiled as he looked down at his grandson, and he felt the tears in his eyes. “Good job, baby,” he whispered, kissing the side of her head and smiling. “Welcome to the world, kiddo.”

Diana looked at her grandson, and she smiled, tears falling from her eyes that hadn’t fallen since she gave birth to Joey sixteen years before. “Hi, beautiful,” she whispered, kissing his forehead. “Baby, what are you going to name him?”

“Daniel Joseph,” Mandy said automatically. “After Daddy and Bubba.”

“Speaking of Joey, lets get him and Jeri in here to say hi,” Daniel said, heading over to the door and opening it. “Joey, Jeri, come on in and say hi to Daniel.”

Joey stood up and took Jeri’s hand, and the two ran into the room, both of them by Mandy in an instant. Joey looked at his nephew, and he smiled. Jeri kissed the top of the baby’s head, and she leaned over and gave Mandy a hug.

“Congrats, sis,” she said, smiling as she wiped her eyes. “He’s beautiful.”

“Just like his Mama,” Joey said, moving and sitting up by his sister as he gave her a hug. “He’s really beautiful, Mans. Honest.”

“Joey, Jeri, thank you. I….I wanted to ask you guys something, too, while I’ve got you all here. Umm…..I haven’t even talked this over with Mom and Dad, but I was wondering if you two would do me the honor of being Godparents to him?” Mandy asked, covering herself as the baby started feeding from her.

Jeri and Joey both smiled, and they nodded and said at the same time, “We’d love to.”

With the night ending as Daniel Joseph Mikel was born at 7:20 on the morning of August 10th, the Mikel Family---Daniel and Diana, Mandy, and Joey and Jeri---all settled down for some much needed sleep, all ready for the challenges that the future with the newborn baby would bring.
TaJaDoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply