Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/07/14, 10:22 AM   #1
EHT30J1981
Putty Patroller

Default Tommy Oliver / Fighting Spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=meZ6RBQL3DY

Why White Ninja Ranger and Red Turbo Ranger not come fight with Tommy?

So why only Green Mighty Morphin Ranger, White Mighty Morphin Ranger and Red Zeo Ranger come fight with Tommy?
EHT30J1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/14, 10:24 AM   #2
vgiannell5 2 PRP
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Tommy Oliver / Fighting Spirit

The White Ninja Powers were similar to the original.

Tommy had the Red Turbo powers for the first half of Turbo before passing them on to TJ.
vgiannell5 2 PRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/14, 10:27 AM   #3
PRThunder
Putty Patroller

It's amazing what Tommy and his powers have gone through.
Tommy Oliver was a new kid at Angel Grove, he was chosen by Rita to be her evil Power Ranger, he was freed from her power, he joined Earth's first team of Power Rangers, then became the greatest Ranger of them all.
The Green Ranger powers were held onto by Rita, then she gave them to an evil Tommy, then they were used for good, drained twice by Rita and Zedd, restored by the Wizard of Deception and given to the Tommy clone, then given up by the Tommy clone, now the power resides within the MMPR Green Ranger Key.
The White Ranger powers were created by Zordon and Alpha, given to the former MMPR Green Ranger, eliminated by Rita and Zedd, restored with Ninjor's power, then destroyed by Rita and Zedd, now the power resides within the MMPR White Ranger Key.
The Red Zeo powers were given by the Zeo Crystal, then put away when Tommy became the Red Turbo Ranger, now the power resides within the PRZ Red Ranger Key.

Look at all the Ranger powers Tommy Oliver acquired over the years.

http://powerrangersonline.com/maxresdefault.jpg

( Edit PRangerX: Image was messing up the layout so I just changed it to a link for PR Thunder)

PRThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/14, 10:32 AM   #4
EHT30J1981
Putty Patroller

I saw Tommy got Saba from White Mighty Morphin Ranger when he saved child but I thought he use Green Mighty Morphin Ranger.

Is he got Power Morpher Power Coin for White Mighty Morphin Ranger?

But I though that Power Coin White Mighty Morphin Ranger was destoryed by Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa.

I not sure if he got another morph is Zeonizers for Red Zeo Ranger, Turbo Morpher for Red Turbo Ranger and Brachio Morpher with him or not?

Also I not sure about White Ninja Ranger have morph?
EHT30J1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 02:23 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

The reason why only the MMPR and Zeo powers fought Tommy in his dream-like state is because the Green Ranger powers, the White Ranger powers and the Zeo Ranger V powers were rightfully his and no one took them power so he considered himself to be those respective powers even though he could no longer access them for one reason or another.

The Turbo power was passed on to T.J. so Tommy didn't consider it to be a part of himself anymore.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 03:38 PM   #6
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I really hated this episode. Thought it just showed how much Tommy hogged the spotlight. Tommy must have had a God complex. Only he can make a coma all about how powerful he was. It was bad enough he became Black Ranger and didnt even let his own protogees have the spotlight. I could have stomached being back if he was just the mentor. But as soon as he became Black Ranger I was out on DinoThunder.

Only part I liked was how the White Ranger had that evil laugh. I thought it was funny as someone who hated how powerful they made the White Ranger in season 2.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 05:11 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

I didn't hate the episode at all but I did find it to be a mistake with the White Ranger having the evil Tommy laugh when that was supposed to be a Green Ranger thing.

They weren't going to pay JDF such a huge salary to return to just be a Mentor.

Also I don't know where you're getting that he hogged the spotlight in any of the episodes that he was in but all characters need to have character focused episodes and he was a character that needed to have them as well even if us as adults already knew who he was previously.
Old 12/15/14, 07:51 PM   #8
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Just would have rather had DT stand on his own. Didnt like Tommy being back. Ruined the season for me
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 07:56 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Actually, DT did a good job of balancing Tommy's return with the new Rangers. it never really felt like the Tommy show to me at all that season. I thought it was neat having Tommy back. Would have been a waste not to have him as a Ranger.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 08:14 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

No Green you clearly weren't going to like it one way or the other then if you were just going to let Tommy being back affect your enjoyment of the show.

I agree with you PRangerX.
Post New ThreadReply