Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/08/11, 08:02 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Kaitlin's Front Page.

There's something that bugs me about this episode, and that's when Kaitlin gets sent to the Battle Grid, and they cut away while she's still in Battle Grid mode, and when they cut back to her she's already captured by the Skugs, and she's already transformed back out of Battle Grid mode.

What's always bugged me is they don't actually show the skugs capturing Kaitlin in the Battle Grid, they don't even show anything like a Skug knocking her out or anything they just have her realize there's too many skugs, and that's it.

Was there a scene they filmed that was supposed to show Kaitlin being defeated in the Battle Grid that they filmed but forgot to put in? Was it in the script but they just didn't film it? I just want to know.

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/04/11 at 05:49 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/11, 11:39 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats an interesting question. I believe this is the only time a Trooper was defeated in Battle Grid mode. Maybe they were saving time and money by not filming the scene. Or maybe it had to be edited out during the editing process.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/11, 11:47 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Not really there was also the time JB was exposed to the the Metamorphosis pulse, and had to get out of the Battle Grid in The Transmutant, or when all three of them were in Battle Grid mode when they got sent to Knighttime's universe, and Knighttime put the dream spell on them.

But yeah maybe your right really if someone has a copy of the script for this episode I would like to see it just so I could finally know for sure.

Another thing when Ryan, and JB go to the lab to tell the Professor they're trying to find Kaitlin he says "you mean she's missing ?" despite the fact he knew there was a Battle Grid alert earlier.
Old 05/11/13, 11:56 AM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Kaitlin's Front Page.

Semi OT I was lurking around TV Tropes looking for stuff related to VR Troopers when I caught this this little gem about the episode.

Quote:
The episode is actually a very dark one. Kaitlin is almost killed and it deals with a very real world issue of how people who try to expose environmentally unfriendly business practices may be dealt with by a corrupt industry. A very dark and cynical episode, even for VR Troopers
I should add that the part about "how people who try to expose a environmentally unfriendly business practices may be deal with by a corrupt industry" is also a link to the Reality Ensues trope.

The reason I bring a lot of this up is because it reminds me of what a lot of people particularly RiderJetfire have been saying about people who try to make Power Rangers, and VR Troopers sound "Deep", and "Dark" and "Serious" and "Realistic" and all that jazz when their both silly kids shows about teenagers becoming superheroes, and fighting monsters.

When I read that I was like "Have we watched the same episode of the same show?"

I seem to remember that same episode has a scene where Kaitlin randomly turns into a Power Ranger complete with a spandex bodysuit, and repainted Red Ranger/Tyranno Ranger helmet, and not only that but said spandex bodysuit has a design on it that makes it look like she's wearing a one piece swimsuit,

She then get's sent through this CGI portal sequence, and then lands in a small glowing room with curtains, and fake rocks, and fake trees, and smog machines, all meant to make it look like some other dimension.

And then she has to fight these guys in all black bodysuits, and capes, and weird gold helmets that look like they came from a high school production of V for Vendetta for a minute.

Afterwards they just cut it off, and they never mention ever for the rest of the episode.

Hell the line I quoted came from TV Tropes Big Lipped Alligator Moment Live Action TV page, and was talking about the "Doggy Rap" scene you know the one where a talking dog raps for a little bit.

Hell even the actual message of the episode was more about how Kaitlin just took this one guy's word without checking to see who he was, and just ran off to check out the weapons plant by herself instead of waiting till Ryan, and JB were done with Tao to help her.

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/10/13 at 09:41 PM.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, kaitlin's front page