Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/17/15, 05:51 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Ranger Movie not a reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Collider is.reporting that the MMPR movie is going to be a continuation and not a reboot. With Scorpina as the big bad.

http://collider.com/power-rangers-mo...scene-details/

Sounds kinda strange to me. Especially since they just casted Kimberly. But we will see if this even ends up true. If it is is a major change from what we thought this thing was.going to be.
I like the idea if it's true but it's in bad taste if they're just using new actors to replace the original actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
Take this with a grain of salt; It was said from the beginning it was an MMPR Reboot, and they are using the original character names. It would not make sense to have a continuing movie of the show when another seasons is coming right after it.
Technically it wasn't always said from the beginning since someone who was once involved with the project but had to leave it due to his work with Star Trek had stated that Haim Saban himself had said that he did not want a reboot - that he did not want something that told the SAME story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Black View Post
Won't Dino Charge be old news by then?
I wouldn't say old news since Dino Super Charge would be ending in November or December of 2016 and the 2017 season/series wouldn't be on TV... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
Maybe the kids of the original MMPR team will team up to go against Scorpina.
That's not a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
Gia, I don't know about that; some don't want to come back, some cant, and due to union reasons, some wont.
Actually most of the originals would want to come back (we don't know about Amy Jo) but we know JDF would jump at the chance. David and Austin likely would only come back for the right amount of money and Walter is the only one that wouldn't come back if a production is non-union but Lionsgate doesn't handle non-union productions so the movie will likely be union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I think Gia meant they would use the children of the originals. If they went that route I would think it would be just a next generation type of thing and not necessarly relatives of the Rangers.
That's what I got from what he/she said as well... and it'd be a nice idea as I stated.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply