Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/13/17, 08:05 AM   #1
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Default Where did Porto come from?

Did anyone find it wierd how he wasn't in the movie and the suddenly was there in the series?
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 11:32 AM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Where did Porto come from?

They didn't likely have the Porto costume for the movie and didn't want to make their own. And The character really wasn't needed in the movie. Porto was either elsewhere or not hired by Divatox yet.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 01:58 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

to be fair I think they did make their own Porto costume let's see if we can compare shall we?

I don't know it looks similar to me but something looks off. I've included an attachment the pics on the left are original but those on the right side are Sentai.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elgar, Porto and Rygog.jpg (329.8 KB, 1 views)
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 06:29 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Porto came from planet ZX12-100 which is located in the Klendathu system of the Xyrilian galaxy.

Serious answer: My guess was maybe they forgot to put him in the movie or thought he was too silly for the movie, and didn't want to use him but then realized they couldn't ignore him in the Carranger footage.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 06:50 PM   #5
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

He wasn't a very interesting character. And there was no point to use him since his whole purpose was recruiting or creating monsters for Divatox. Which wasn't really something that was going to happen in the movie.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 06:56 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I had this crazy theory on RB a long time ago. Where I proposed that Divatox experimented on Jason to turn him into Porto, due to the aftereffects of Maligore's power. Right before C2D Porto tried to experiment on himself to get stronger. But it backfired and he turned into a terrible monster . Who ravaged an entire planet right before Zordon's Wave purified him back into Jason. Given Jason a reason for his attitude change in the Red Team Up. He remembered all the thints he did as Porto.

Of course I really don't stand by that theory. But this post reminded me of it. Suffice it to say it blew everyone's mind in a I think PRX is crazy kinda way lol.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 07:00 PM   #7
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I had this crazy theory on RB a long time ago. Where I proposed that Divatox experimented on Jason to turn him into Porto, due to the aftereffects of Maligore's power. Right before C2D Porto tried to experiment on himself to get stronger. But it backfired and he turned into a terrible monster . Who ravaged an entire planet right before Zordon's Wave purified him back into Jason. Given Jason a reason for his attitude change in the Red Team Up. He remembered all the thints he did as Porto.

Of course I really don't stand by that theory. But this post reminded me of it. Suffice it to say it blew everyone's mind in a I think PRX is crazy kinda way lol.
I highly doubt any of that happened.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 07:14 PM   #8
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I didn't like how they tried to make him the next Finister. They should have had Finister work for Divatox if they insisted on a new main villain.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 07:15 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerlord View Post
I highly doubt any of that happened.
So do I lol.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/17, 07:16 PM   #10
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post

That would have been interesting though for some reason I imagine Jason being Rygog, and Billy being Porto.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply