Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/26/06, 03:57 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

My main problem with the episode is that the Terrors just broke the rules of darkness like they were nothing. After they were willing to kill their own for doing the same. I know Itassis voiced some concern but Sculpin all of the sudden has no problem cheating. When he was one of the one's against it earlier. Maybe since Snow Prince got invovled they got a little leeway. But it wasn't stated on the show or implied. Maybe Sculpin was willing to take the chance to get to Leanbow. It still is weak though either way.

I think this Nick doesn''t ways do what he is told thing has come a little out of nowhere. I know we learned early that Nick is a loner and acts on his emoitions. But we have seen him be pretty responisble for awhile now. Xander was the one that gave Daggeron a hard time in the beginning. It almost suited his character better.

The teacher/student reversal could have been explored a lot deeper. But I suppose it got the point of the episode accross. That sometimes you have to go for your gut. And more importantly, everyone has a different way of doing things. Which doesn't always make them wrong.

Snow Prince wasn't that impressive and came out of left field. But he was really there to futher the plot of the episode, not be important to what comes later on. It was nice to see who the original Mystic Worriers learned from. So does this mean that Daggeron was the younger member of the team during the great war? Was Udonna taught by the Snow Prince or by Leanbow too? Just some unanswered questions to ponder.

I was surprised to see Leanbow back. It was nice to see "Koragg" in battle
again. I like how they have made him part of the plot, instead of just having him return before the finalie. The Terrors are actually trying to go after them. And now we are getting some convergence with the Udonna/Clare subplot. With Udonna being captured and Clare knocked out.

So things seem to be building to the finalie instead of just being a steady diet of fillers until the end. PR finale's are at their best when they have a build. The lack of build up at the end of DinoThunder hurt its finalie in some ways. Where as the built up at the end of Ninja Storm enhanced its finalie. I liked "Snow Prince" as an episode that didn't come off so fillerish and futhered the plot some more. Some of the Internal logic was off ( mainly with the rules of darkness violation) but it was an entertianing episode. It wasn't blow away great obviously, so I will give it a 6/10.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/06, 04:19 AM   #2
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Agreed, But was'nt Snowjel female in Majirenjaa??, Other than that, Grea episode, Allthough it kind of seemed fillerish when Daggeron realised what Nick was suposed to be teaching him (While talking to Phineas), The rest was great, Seeing Lienbow in action again was great, Hopefully next week the stone will pick this terror:

You know, so we can see Koragg Fire
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/06, 12:14 PM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I wish they would hire the people who thought it was a great idea to take a tree hugging season of Sentai and turn it into a space colony looking to start a new civiliazation on a new world PR season. At least then you wouldn't have carbon copy seasons.

I don't even know why I bother with Mystic Force, it ain't bad, but it ain't good, The plots are strictly Magiranger plots with little to absolutely no variation. The variation the furthest from Magiranger is Udonna not 'dying' but they just captured her so they can do the quest the Magirangers went on to find her. So that variation is just about null and void now.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/06, 01:51 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rider_Leangle@Sep 26 2006, 08:19 AM
Agreed, But was'nt Snowjel female in Majirenjaa??, Other than that, Grea episode, Allthough it kind of seemed fillerish when Daggeron realised what Nick was suposed to be teaching him (While talking to Phineas), The rest was great, Seeing Lienbow in action again was great, Hopefully next week the stone will pick this terror:

You know, so we can see Koragg Fire
From what I hear, the Prince was female in Magiranger. She was a legendary Saint that helped the Ranger's master their Legendary Armor.
Old 09/26/06, 01:58 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Sep 26 2006, 04:14 PM
I wish they would hire the people who thought it was a great idea to take a tree hugging season of Sentai and turn it into a space colony looking to start a new civiliazation on a new world PR season. At least then you wouldn't have carbon copy seasons.

I don't even know why I bother with Mystic Force, it ain't bad, but it ain't good, The plots are strictly Magiranger plots with little to absolutely no variation. The variation the furthest from Magiranger is Udonna not 'dying' but they just captured her so they can do the quest the Magirangers went on to find her. So that variation is just about null and void now.
They didn't make Clare a carbon copy of her Sentai counterpart. Instead of having her have amnesia, she was the duaghter of the Gatekeeper. Plus the Legendarry Saints thing is tweaked top being about "ancient" Mystic Worriers ( ancient as in from 20 years ago lol). OF course the family aspect of the team is toned down to just being Udonna, Nick, and Leanbow. The Rangers did not get their Legend Armor the same way that the Magirangers got their armor. Leelee is an American orginal. As our Tobey and Phineas. I am not saying Mystic doesn't heavily copy the Sentai in a lot of key ways. But they do attempt to go about it in a bit of a different way.

However, it would be nice to have a season as original as LG again. I doubt we will see it. But it would be pretty fun to take a Sentai and completely manipulate the footage to produce an original concept. NS and DT obviously were made originally but they still kept their season's particular themes and weren't as epic as LG. But its probably as close as PR will come to being original from this point on.
Old 09/26/06, 04:02 PM   #6
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I agree that have minute differences. LeeLee (just Nai and Mare watered down), Clare, watered down family, how they obtain the Legend Armor, are minute differences on a Sentai original. Every season has those. New characters are a tradition to PR be they allies, villians, but they are not a variation on Sentai.

I am talking major variations. Udonna was the closest we got this season.
Old 09/26/06, 07:21 PM   #7
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Yeah, Like Zordon instead of Barza. Not LeeLee instead of Nai and Mea
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/06, 09:29 PM   #8
havebabies
Putty Patroller

I must agree that it would be nice to see an original American Poer Rangers story, like the ones from the Zordon Era.
Old 09/26/06, 09:47 PM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rider_Leangle@Sep 26 2006, 07:21 PM
I disagree, Nai & Mea are Vankyuria's human forms she uses to cause trouble, LeeLee is the human form that Necrolai uses to cause trouble.

Sounds like a case of Barza to Zordon type thing to me.
Old 09/27/06, 12:13 AM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal+Sep 27 2006, 01:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cheetamus Primal @ Sep 27 2006, 01:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rider_Leangle@Sep 26 2006, 07:21 PM
I disagree, Nai & Mea are Vankyuria's human forms she uses to cause trouble, LeeLee is the human form that Necrolai uses to cause trouble.

Sounds like a case of Barza to Zordon type thing to me. [/b][/quote]
Leelee is Necrolia's daughter. But I get what you mean.
Post New ThreadReply