Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/18/15, 04:48 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: How alternate a universe is the RPM 'verse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
I think RPM is in the same universe as MMPR. I don't like the idea of AUs. Maybe the Red Ranger in the samurai team up was from an AU. But I think RPM itself takes place in the future. I want everything to be in continunity. I even think the firat movie counts.
It's not in the same universe as much as I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
RPM is diffinitly an AU. Its pretty clearly stated in Samurai. Plus RPM doesn't seem to take place in the distant future like some might have expected.

I think it is probable that other Ranger teams did exist. Ones very similar to our own in some cases. Givening the OO helmet.
It's in an alternate dimension and it could easily take place in the future. No one has ever said "distant future" in regards to it but they've said it would be perfect to explain the wastelands that you see in Ransik's flashback when he frees the Orgs that become the Mut-Orgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Senshi View Post
RPM is an AU. But I don't like it. I think every season should be in continuity. I can understand the first movie. But there was no reason RPM shouldn't be in continuity.
I don't like it either and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
I think SPD was its own demension too. Whenever they time travelled they actually went to an alternate past. I don't think Saban Brands will want to saddle themselves with the 2025 we see in SPD. And we are only 10 years away from that believe it or not.
At the time of its creation SPD was in the main universe but because of changes to it because of Neo Saban it's going to become part of an alternate dimension since aliens should've started to begin to populate and live together with humans in peace by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Hart View Post
If you're gonna say that then Time Force must have been another demension. Even though the timeline couldn't be changed in this senario, messing with parrallel past events still can cause time holes.
that's not what he/she was saying. He (or she) was saying that eventually the timeline that Neo Saban creates isn't going to fit in with what SPD started which means it can't be part of the main universe anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
I think galaxy was an AU. It was pretty quick for them to get Terra Venture constructed. Plus it seemed like years after C2D. My only guess is that its an AU and the Space Rangers we see in it are actually alternate Space Rangers.
Doesn't matter what you might think Galaxy wasn't part of an alternate dimension. Yes it was quick for them to construct Terra Venture but think how long it takes for them to repair all of those abandoned buildings that the Giant battles end up destroying. We see it as being quick but it's probably not that quick in-show. Real life physics don't matter when it comes to the actual show otherwise Silvy wouldn't be able to ride on Carlos' Galaxy Glider without any protection not to mention the countless of times we've seen humans on the Moon or elsewhere without any protection and they can breathe without any issues.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/15, 08:30 PM   #12
Astronema
Power Ranger

Thats one of the parts of Space I don't like. It was silly for Silvy to be able to breath in space.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/15, 12:01 AM   #13
Zord Commander
Comic Relief

I don't think much of the same stuff happened. There was just a Ranger team that resembled our Overdrive Rangers. And a chain of Jungle Karma's. Maybe RJ was a capitalist in this reality. Power Rangers probably exisited in some form. But we don't know if the history is exact before the Venjix invasion.
Zord Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply