Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/18/18, 12:10 AM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Original Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
As for the RPM/Gokaiger thing - there was an attack style on RPM by the Rangers that was never used by the Go-Ongers on their show. In SMF, I'm referring to the Rangers touching the X-Borgs and one of the SMF Rangers saying "Burn rubber, X-Borg!". That attack style never happened in Go-Onger, at least I don't recall it and I've seen both. Gokaiger happened to use that attack in the footage that was later passed on as the "Let's bring on the New Powers" scenes - the SMF Rangers end up switching from Legendary RPM Mode (Go-Onger) to "New Powers" mode (Dairanger). RPM used very little Sentai footage and something from it made it to the Sentai.
you mean when they were using their tires as part of a contact attack? that didn't come from Go-Onger so you're right there they never did that attack not even once during Go-Onger but Toei did implement that for a Go-Onger change when they were filming Gokaiger.

yup Toei sometimes borrows things from Power Rangers if they can.

Dragontron's Sentai name was G-Zord.
Dekaranger used SPD's Battlizer as their own Battlizer
Gear in Go-Busters for transformation includes the word "Morphin"
Part of Go-Busters' transformation has to include the word "Morphin"
Go-Busters' evil robots are called Megazords

Toei also wanted SPD's Cruger for an unknown reason but they couldn't get him... I guess?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/18, 03:02 AM   #22
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Actually, I liked Dekaranger Cruger suit better than SPD's, so I'm glad they didn't get it (for whatever reason). The Deka one actually looked like a dog but also gave an alien vibe at the same time, while the PR version just gave the character the alien vibe and more of a theatre-like look. However, the wired thing is they did not take SPD's base set, since it was way better than their own and gave SPD a more police-like look.

I know about the Go-Busters thing and I actually liked Megazords being some kind of monsters for a change and not being summoned by the Rangers. That and Dragontron was a bad-ass ***********r.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/18, 04:44 AM   #23
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Actually, I liked Dekaranger Cruger suit better than SPD's, so I'm glad they didn't get it (for whatever reason). The Deka one actually looked like a dog but also gave an alien vibe at the same time, while the PR version just gave the character the alien vibe and more of a theatre-like look. However, the wired thing is they did not take SPD's base set, since it was way better than their own and gave SPD a more police-like look.

I know about the Go-Busters thing and I actually liked Megazords being some kind of monsters for a change and not being summoned by the Rangers. That and Dragontron ********
they wanted the Cruger suit for one of their specials maybe they would've expanded on Kruger or something? I dunno but as for the base they didn't have any use for it they had their own base set.
Old 05/19/18, 12:05 PM   #24
SPD Emergency
Comic Relief

SPD did an excellent job with Cruger's suit. Much better then Kruger's.
SPD Emergency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/18, 12:08 PM   #25
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

i don't think original or sentai footage are neccessarly good or bad. Its how they are used that matters. Sometimes the Sentai Footage has been used well, sometimes not. The same with the original footage.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/18, 10:52 PM   #26
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
they wanted the Cruger suit for one of their specials maybe they would've expanded on Kruger or something? I dunno but as for the base they didn't have any use for it they had their own base set.
not to mention they generally don't show the old sets in upcoming specials
Post New ThreadReply