Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/14/18, 07:48 PM   #41
Maligore
Power Ranger

Default Re: Hasbro To Aquire Power Rangers

Great news! Hasbro will spend money on the franchise unlike Saban and Disney before them. So glad Saban is retiring and sold the franchise to a company that isn't cheap.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/18, 02:29 PM   #42
MattEmily
Administrator

cue Maligore coming back here next year complaining that Hasbro is just as cheap as both Saban and Disney were
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/18, 05:34 PM   #43
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

I don't expect Hasbro will spend that much more money on it.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/18, 03:11 AM   #44
MattEmily
Administrator

well Maligore will be happy about this.

Quote:
As per Hasbro in SDCC, Power Rangers Beast Morphers will have the Go-Busters' original Ranger suits, monster suits, zords and arsenal RECREATED in order to shoot new footage to perfectly match the Japanese footage, as the aforementioned suits are no longer suitable to be handed over and shot with
Old 07/21/18, 04:20 PM   #45
Miki1988
Power Ranger

No wonder, Go-Busters originally came out in the 2012-2013 television season. It's now the second half of 2018 already. That's 6 years after the season ended. Lupin vs. Pato ends this year and if the suits were stored somewhere and not used for so long, it makes sense to re-create them. I guess the Red Buster suit was still usable for the Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover, but some time has passed since then as well, so I'm guessing that even that suit is in no condition to be used.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/18, 05:41 PM   #46
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
No wonder, Go-Busters originally came out in the 2012-2013 television season. It's now the second half of 2018 already. That's 6 years after the season ended. Lupin vs. Pato ends this year and if the suits were stored somewhere and not used for so long, it makes sense to re-create them. I guess the Red Buster suit was still usable for the Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover, but some time has passed since then as well, so I'm guessing that even that suit is in no condition to be used.
yup you're right with it airing in 2012-2013 and you're right about the time passage.

even if the suits were in use they wouldn't last long. They have a shelf life before they start to go bad.

The Red Buster suit was probably recreated for the Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover and regardless of whether that recreated suit is still okay or not it wouldn't really matter since they don't generally use Toei's stuff for the Ranger suits.
Old 07/22/18, 03:40 AM   #47
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Plus I imagine that the original Go-Busters sets will probably be somewhat modified for PR as well. I don't count on them setting up the sets exactly as they were set-up in GB either.
Old 07/22/18, 11:47 AM   #48
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Plus I imagine that the original Go-Busters sets will probably be somewhat modified for PR as well. I don't count on them setting up the sets exactly as they were set-up in GB either.
and that's if they reuse the same sets since we've had an original base for quite awhile and while we've had original evil lairs they could keep the same Sentai design as well basically it's all up to them and what they want to do.
Old 07/24/18, 11:11 AM   #49
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
and that's if they reuse the same sets since we've had an original base for quite awhile and while we've had original evil lairs they could keep the same Sentai design as well basically it's all up to them and what they want to do.
last time they kept the Sentai evil lair was in Megaforce/Super Megaforce and before that it was Samurai and before that it was Jungle Fury.

last time they kept the Sentai Ranger base well let's just say that rarely ever happens since it only really happened with SPD but even in the case of the SPD Base they ended up making their own base set rather than sticking to the Sentai design.
Old 07/24/18, 11:37 AM   #50
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Yeah, not to mention they designed a completely different suit for Doggie in S.P.D..

Not meaning to sound like an idiot, but it's better that they didn't opt in to make an original evil lair set for the (Super) Meagforce season, since the Ranger base looked stupid, small and uncreative. I mean, it was just a hall with a giant Goseiger/Megaforce morpher on the wall at the end of it. So they better either come up with a really good original design for every part of the set, otherwise, it's better for them to just go with the Sentai set. I might consider giving BM a chance, but I'm not sitting trough another 40 episodes of the main characters talking to a bigger version of their morpher that's banged onto a freaking wall.
Post New ThreadReply