Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/11, 11:19 AM   #1
TaJaDoru
Comic Relief

Default The Long Awaited Wedding

Authors note: This is a one shot based around two characters from my RPG: Power Rangers Wolf Storm. The Character of Daniel Mikel is mine and played by Taylor Lautner and Kayla "Kate" (Finn) Mikel is played by Selena Gomez and owned by Kate and used with permission.

The Long-Awaited Wedding

Standing in the bridal room of the church, Kayla Finn--soon to be Mikel--was nervously shaking as she realized what was on the way to her heart and hand. Her nerves were calmed by the single thought of finally marrying her fiancée, the man waiting for her at the Altar: Daniel, Former Red Ranger and the only one that was good enough for her and the only one that was able to get into her heart. He had saved her multiple times, and she had saved him as many if not more. She knew that this was what she wanted, and she was glad that it’s finally here.

A knock on the door broke the former Blue Ranger out of her reverie, and she sighed as she turned. She looked up into the green eyes of her brother, R.J., and she smiled. He was wearing his own tux, and that had been a chore in and of itself to get him to do since he was usually a jeans, t-shirt, and sandals kinda guy. She walked over, being careful not to trip over the hem of her wedding dress, and she hugged her brother, closing her eyes.

“Are you ready?” RJ asked, looking down at the softly sniffling Blue Wolf. He smiled at her, immensely proud of his sister for the woman that she’d become in the last months during the fighting with Black Magic and his cohorts. “I know that you’re probably nervous as hell….but you’ll be alright, little sister.”

“You’re right, RJ. I am nervous as hell. Vampira was nothing compared to the butterflies I’m carrying around right now. Daniel and I have been through so much in the last months…I’m just ready to be married to him and get it over with,” Kate said, looking up at her brother and smiling.

As the ever classic Wedding March began to play and drift up to Kate’s ears, she was shaking slightly with fear and anticipation. RJ grabbed the veil and he slid it onto his sisters head. He pulled it down, smiling solemnly at her. He led her to the door, and he took her arm, fighting tears.

“Thank you,” Kate whispered, looking at her brother. “Thank you, RJ, for walking me down the aisle. I know that I wished that Dad was here…..but….I wouldn’t ask anyone else to do this other then you.” She leaned up and kissed his cheek, feeling tears stinging her eyes.

“You’re welcome, sis. I’ve said it a hundred times, but I’m so proud of you for everything that you’ve done,” RJ said. “Everything.”

“Thank you, RJ,” Kate said, closing her eyes and holding in the butterflies that she knew were turning into dive bombers.

Taking Kate’s arm one last time, RJ started down the stairs with her, hoping to keep her from falling flat on her face as she walked. Kate took a glance down the aisle, and she smiled as she saw her target: standing at the altar like she pictured, looking as handsome as anything that she’d ever seen in her life, was Daniel, the one person that made her life worth anything to her.

RJ led her down the aisle, giving her hand to Daniels as the young man stretched it out, smiling at his soon-to-be wife. He stepped back, letting Daniel take her and hold her hand. The preacher stepped forward, and he smiled as he looked at the two.

“Dearly beloved, we’re gathered here to celebrate the marriage of Daniel Mikel and Kayla Finn. From what I have heard about the two of you, you’ve been through quite a lot to get here, haven’t you? I’ve been told that the two of you have prepared your own vows and declarations for this. Daniel?”

Daniel nodded, and he turned to Kate, taking her hands in his. “Kate, since the moment that I first laid my eyes on you, I knew that you were the one person that I could love and be loved in return. I’ve always told myself that it was impossible for me to find love, but…..I was wrong since love is standing right in front of me. I’ve fought for, fought with, and fought beside you. Now….I need you beside me for the rest of my life. With this ring---this small never-ending object that symbolizes the love that I have for you---I thee wed,” Daniel said, smiling as he slid the ring onto Kate’s finger.

After he was done speaking, there were tears in both his and Kate’s eyes, and Daniel smiled at her again. The preacher looked at Kate and nodded, telling her that it was her turn to speak and say her vows.

“Daniel….you’ve always been there for me, from the time that Vampira got her fangs into me, when Mom was found out to be working for Black Magic, everything else. You’ve never given up on me, not one time, and you’ve always stood beside me, telling me that I was a better person then you deserved. You’ve loved me, cherished me, treated me with respect, and most importantly kept me safe. This ring is a symbol of the deepest love that I have for you. With this ring, the symbol of love, I thee wed,” Kate said, sliding the ring onto Daniel’s hand, smiling the entire time. She mouthed, “I love you.

The Preacher smiled and stepped up, looking at the two Ex-Rangers, and he nodded. “Now, by the power vested in me by the Church, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!” he said, nodding at the two.

Daniel lifted the veil on the dress and put his arms around Kate as hers went around his neck, and they closed the distance between them and kissed, both of them lost in each others embrace and touch. When the need for air was too great, they pulled apart, both of them grinning from ear to ear. Daniel smiled and wiped a few tears away that were in Kate’s eyes, and he leaned his forehead against hers.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! For the first time I am proud to present Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Mikel!”

As the two started down the aisle, the crowd erupted in cheers and yells of congratulations. The crowd was most of their friends, and they were all amazed that they two finally accomplished the thing that they wanted the most. All of them, Kari and Sosuke, Jake and Bella, Lily and her parents, were all standing there laughing and celebrating with the newly wedded Wolf Couple.

That night after a long celebration at Jungle Karma Pizzeria---put on by RJ---the two were on a late night flight to Tokyo, Japan that was a present from Kari and Sosuke. Daniel reached over next to him and he took Kate’s hand.

“I love you. I love you so much. I truly and really do, Katie,” he said, kissing the back of her hand and smiling. He felt like the luckiest man in the world--and in a way, he was. He knew that the two of them would have a long and happy life together, no matter what happened.

“I love you too. I’ll always love you, and I’ve always loved you, Daniel,” Kate said, turning and putting her hand on his cheek and kissing him deeply. She slunk her arms around him, and she rested against him, closing her eyes as she snuggled against his chest. The excitement for the two didn’t stop there in Tokyo. Nine months later, they welcomed their daughter, Amanda Tabitha to the world.
TaJaDoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply