Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/13/18, 11:45 AM   #21
Tommy Hater
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Shouldn't Jason have gotten the Green Coin?

Because people were sick of Tommy Oliver hogging the spotlight. All those angry kids regreted calling for his return.
Tommy Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/18, 11:47 AM   #22
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

It would have been so awesome if JDF was part of the strike.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/18, 01:31 PM   #23
Hailey Hartford

Saban was too cheap to give his stars decent salaries so three complained, which I feel is very understandable. Saban refused. Both Thuy and Walter walked. Austin stuck around a little longer but eventually he also walked.

Austin is very open in his vlogs and interviews about it.

As far as the Green Power Coin, he was in possession of it until Tommy returned for a brief time. Then when it ran out of power for good I am guessing Zordon retired it and made Tommy the White Ranger.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/18, 11:48 AM   #24
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Saban paid for it later on when the show was forced to go union years later. Of course that didn't last. Once Disney moved production to New Zealand.

Saban was non union to cut costs and the actors signed under those terms. The problem was the show became way more popular. So all of the sudden the work load got even more crazy. With the success of the series,its understanable that the actors would want more money. And its also understandable that Saban Entertainment had to worry about the botton line. It was a business decision on both sides.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/18, 10:47 PM   #25
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

I always assumed the coin was useless after the second power loss.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/18, 09:21 AM   #26
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad View Post
I didn't get how Zedd was able to make those candles though. The Green Candle worked because Rita had Tommy touch the wax when he waw evil. Zede making his candles made no sense. Especially since Rita never tried it
don't forget his magic is better he can actually make monsters but Rita really couldn't so it's not too far from the truth to think Zedd could've done a draining spell at any time he just needed them to be within the proximity of their respective Candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
But none of the three were ever known to complain about what happened to them. St John evdwn returned for a bit. So they all were willing to pay the consequences for their actions and did. They tried something and it didn't work. I wouldn't villify them for it.
true but Austin did complain at least once that life after the show was hard since he couldn't get a job and therefore had to live out of a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Canyon Trio View Post
Well, I think it all worked out for the best. Since Rocky, Adam, and Aishia were much better characters and helped the show to be more popular.
I don't truly agree. Adam and Zack were pretty cool for characters. Aisha never grew on me I always thought Trini was much better and as for Jason and Rocky? I personally hated Rocky as Red he was cooler as Blue but Jason was always pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny View Post
Saban paid for it later on when the show was forced to go union years later. Of course that didn't last. Once Disney moved production to New Zealand.

Saban was non union to cut costs and the actors signed under those terms. The problem was the show became way more popular. So all of the sudden the work load got even more crazy. With the success of the series,its understanable that the actors would want more money. And its also understandable that Saban Entertainment had to worry about the botton line. It was a business decision on both sides.
yup exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosei Gold View Post
I always assumed the coin was useless after the second power loss.
yup exactly
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/18, 12:08 PM   #27
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

But he never blamed the show or Saban Entertainment for letting him go.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/20, 07:24 PM   #28
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

There was no energy left in the Green Coin. The first time Tommy lost his powers there was enough energy for Jason to use the shield and Dragonzord. Which were recharged when Tommy absorbed the power coin energies after a temp boost from Zordon. When Tommy lost the Green Powers for good, the energy was just gone.
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/20, 08:05 PM   #29
Ryan's Revenge
Putty Patroller

It would have been cool if they gave Jason the upgrade again.
Ryan's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply