Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/07/18, 08:04 AM   #21
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

Default Re: White Ranger in Zeo

The guy died saving the universe. If he was evil he would have told Andros to help him escape so he himself could live.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/18, 11:51 AM   #22
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
he wasn't dangerous either that's a stupid accusation that's completely baseless and an insult on his character. He did what needed to be done to save the world and he did it the honorable way.
I agree..Zordon was like a father to them all. He wasn't evil or a menace. He also always had good intentions and wasn't vandictive at all.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/18, 12:48 PM   #23
Rossovan
Putty Patroller

To me the switch to Zeo was all about making things easier and cheaper to film.

By MMPR series 3 they were using stuff from 3 different Sentai series and that meant filming more original footage, so that no doubt created troubles when trying to combine footage from Japan to match up. Not changing the Rangers suits made for some badly edited fight scenes but obviously Saban wanted to keep things looking the same as best he could so he didn't lose/upset fans who'd loved the show from the beginning.

As for the White Ranger in Zeo? Not for me, if you're going to finally ditch the MMPR suits you might as well change the lot.

Personally i liked Zeo, it felt like a natural change and a positive one. Turbo seemed rushed, i know stuff was filmed for the Turbo movie that wasn't included in the final film which would of explained things better. Maybe we'll see it one day?
Rossovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/18, 11:56 AM   #24
Zeo Forever
Putty Patroller

White Ranger was a flop. Tommy lost a lot of his appeal after he became White Ranger. They had to move his character into the traditional Red Ranger Role and it worked perfectly.
Zeo Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/18, 09:28 AM   #25
lunarwolf
Putty Patroller

[QUOTE=White Spandex Rules;75702]I think it would have made more sense to keep Tommy as White Ranger during Zeo. That way Billy could have remained on the team.
billy worked in the power chamber the actor David Yost left the show. Yost left the show toward the end of the Power Rangers Zeo season. His character's final episode employed footage from previous episodes and voice work from an uncredited actor to conceal the fact that Yost was not present during the taping. A tribute to his character was seen in the closing credits of this episode.
lunarwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/18, 11:57 AM   #26
Astronema
Power Ranger

They didn't know Billy was leaving at the start of Zeo. Yost quit while production of the second half was going on.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/18, 12:38 PM   #27
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossovan View Post
To me the switch to Zeo was all about making things easier and cheaper to film.

By MMPR series 3 they were using stuff from 3 different Sentai series and that meant filming more original footage, so that no doubt created troubles when trying to combine footage from Japan to match up. Not changing the Rangers suits made for some badly edited fight scenes but obviously Saban wanted to keep things looking the same as best he could so he didn't lose/upset fans who'd loved the show from the beginning.

As for the White Ranger in Zeo? Not for me, if you're going to finally ditch the MMPR suits you might as well change the lot.

Personally i liked Zeo, it felt like a natural change and a positive one. Turbo seemed rushed, i know stuff was filmed for the Turbo movie that wasn't included in the final film which would of explained things better. Maybe we'll see it one day?
not completely correct but you're somewhat correct they didn't care if the footage came out badly edited but the main driving force between the switch was a ratings decline hence why the Aquitians came to kind of ease the younger audience into the switch to Zeo.

Ground footage was just weirdly edited in mostly Season 2 the majority of the ground footage in Season 3 was all new so if it was badly edited it was just a case of the editor not doing a good editing job.

However it was time for them to switch to new suits at that time since they didn't even get all of the Ohranger suits.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/18, 07:44 PM   #28
MattEmily
Administrator

I mean out of the Ohranger villain suits we saw they had the following:

King Mondo (both forms)
Queen Machina
Prince Sprocket
Klank (some claim his suit got re-made but I don't see it.) (NOTE: Orbus isn't a suit he's just a puppet)
Louie Kaboom
Prince Gasket
Princess Archerina
Cogs

Hydro Contaminator
Mechanizer (never had original footage)
Silo
Defoliator
Mean Screen
RoboCupid
Boohoo the Clown
Puppetman
Defector
Fortissimodo
People Pitcher
Varox
Main Drain
Punch-a-bunch
Wrecking Ball
Mace Face
Autochthon
Admiral Abominator
Goggleheimer
Wolfbane
Altor (all in original footage)
Tarantabot (never had original footage)
Somnibot
Leaky Faucet
Tough Tusks
Stenchy
Midas Monster
Cruel Chrome
Protectron
Nuklifier
Mechaterpillar
Impursonator
Pumpkin Sorcerer
originally called Bucket of Bolts but now called Loconut
Old 04/22/18, 12:15 PM   #29
MMPR Mania
Putty Patroller

I just don't understand why they thought it weas a good idea to ditch Zedd and Rita.
MMPR Mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/18, 02:56 PM   #30
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Mania View Post
I just don't understand why they thought it weas a good idea to ditch Zedd and Rita.
simply because they didn't want to do that much original footage if you notice Zeo is one of the rare seasons that does NOT have original zord suit footage
Post New ThreadReply