Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/23/18, 04:14 AM   #31
Rossovan
Putty Patroller

Default Re: White Ranger in Zeo

I liked that Zedd and Rita were in Zeo, even if they were just running from the Machine Empire. I was disappointed however that after proclaiming "we're back" during the season finale that we rarely saw them after.

Given the majority of the Power Ranger episodes follow the same basic plot there's only so much millage you can get from the same cast and suits, changing the Ranger suits and Villains helps keep the viewers attention, otherwise it's just another 40/50 episodes of what's gone before.
Rossovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/18, 12:09 PM   #32
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

The original plan was for the two to be the main villians in Turbo. But Zedd's actor head me unavalible. Plus they dropped all the left over plots from Zeo anyway.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/18, 12:10 PM   #33
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I was hoping the nightmare was over and that MMPR was coming back. But it wasn't to be.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/18, 01:07 PM   #34
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
The original plan was for the two to be the main villians in Turbo. But Zedd's actor head me unavalible. Plus they dropped all the left over plots from Zeo anyway.
you mean Zedd's voice actor; Robert Axelrod was unavailable?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/18, 08:32 PM   #35
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Yes, thank you.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/18, 08:33 PM   #36
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

Why would they include old footage in Zeo when they were trying to avoid doing that?
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/18, 10:39 AM   #37
Miki1988
Power Ranger

That's right. They would also have to rely on the old footage, keep editing it differently into the episodes and also Robert Axelrod would still have to do new ADR dialogue to make the footage even work. Same goes for the voice actors of Rita's and Zedd's henchmen. In which case, it would have meant it's better to film new footage anyway and that would have meant for them having to re-make the suits for Rito, Scorpina, Goldar, Squat and Baboo since most of those were already at the end of their days anyway. I actually believe that Scorpina's suit was unusable by the start of MMPR S3.

If Turbo were to happen with Rita & Zedd, I would imagine the henchmen being defeated by the Turbo Rangers early in the season so new ones could be introduced anyway. Which would probably end up as Porto and Elgar serving under Zedd & Rita. Plus The Tengas would be retired since they were going to use the Piranhatrons, because they were in the Turbo Movie anyway (well, the movie version of them).
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/18, 11:08 AM   #38
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
That's right. They would also have to rely on the old footage, keep editing it differently into the episodes and also Robert Axelrod would still have to do new ADR dialogue to make the footage even work. Same goes for the voice actors of Rita's and Zedd's henchmen. In which case, it would have meant it's better to film new footage anyway and that would have meant for them having to re-make the suits for Rito, Scorpina, Goldar, Squat and Baboo since most of those were already at the end of their days anyway. I actually believe that Scorpina's suit was unusable by the start of MMPR S3.

If Turbo were to happen with Rita & Zedd, I would imagine the henchmen being defeated by the Turbo Rangers early in the season so new ones could be introduced anyway. Which would probably end up as Porto and Elgar serving under Zedd & Rita. Plus The Tengas would be retired since they were going to use the Piranhatrons, because they were in the Turbo Movie anyway (well, the movie version of them).
old footage? what old footage? the only stuff that was recycled was the evil lair, Zordon, some base scenes, weapon summonings, zord summonings and zord combination.

Dunno about Squatt and Baboo's since they never did anything but Goldar's suit was newer since the Toei one had already given out on them. Probably true with Scorpina's

the Piranhatrons were only introduce to go along better with the Subcraft but if Rita and Zedd were going to be in charge then they likely would've made something else.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/18, 11:39 AM   #39
Saban Fan
Ranger In Training

Saban made a creative decision to not use Zedd and Rita for Turbo afterall. I am sure he knew best.
Saban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply