Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/21/18, 12:24 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Rocky should have become the leader in MMPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
As much as I loath White Ranger Tommy, givening the leadership to Rocky would have made no sense. The only other choices were Billy and Kimberly.
I agree but unlike you I like Tommy as a character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Force Traitor View Post
Thats right, Jen was the leader. Wes just took charge in battle a lot because of the sentai footage. Which is funny since TimePink was leader too in Timeranger. Toei can't resist having the Red act like the leader, even when they aren't.

In universe, the Red Powers were originally designed for the team leader. So it was natural for Wes to look like the leader in battle.
precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger View Post
Don't forget Adam. Who would have been the best choice.
he wouldn't have been a good choice when he became a Ranger since he was a newbie and inexperienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwolf View Post
in mmpr s2 tommy was not a good choice. billy or adam or rocky would have been better

Color Role Actor
White Ranger Tommy Oliver Jason David Frank
Red Ranger Jason Lee Scott ► Rocky DeSantos Austin St. John ► Steve Cardenas

Black Ranger Zack Taylor ► Adam Park Walter Jones ► Johnny Yong Bosch

Blue Ranger Billy Cranston David Yost

Yellow Ranger Trini Kwan ► Aisha Campbell Thuy Trang ► Karan Ashley
Pink Ranger Kimberly Hart Amy Jo Johnson
Adam and Rocky were newbies so Tommy was a good choice. Billy isn't a leader
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/18, 12:27 PM   #12
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

But Adam was a cool Ranger and a natural leader . It didn't matter if he was new. He would have been a great leader right off the bat.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/18, 12:29 PM   #13
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

Maybe he wasn't ready at the time. But he could have been a leader in Zeo. As we saw during the Alien Ranger Saga.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/18, 02:52 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger View Post
But Adam was a cool Ranger and a natural leader . It didn't matter if he was new. He would have been a great leader right off the bat.
still a newbie and inexperienced. Being cool is irrelevant.
Old 04/23/18, 04:19 AM   #15
Rossovan
Putty Patroller

I think Tommy being the leader was the obvious choice in this case. Rocky never gave me the impression of being a leader, well not in MMPR, he was new to the team whereas Tommy, BIlly and Kimberly had experience.

To change things up in Zeo would of been a bit pointless, wouldn't really be good for Zordon to demote Tommy, Jason was only demoted as Austin St. John had left/was leaving.
Rossovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/18, 08:26 AM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossovan View Post
I think Tommy being the leader was the obvious choice in this case. Rocky never gave me the impression of being a leader, well not in MMPR, he was new to the team whereas Tommy, BIlly and Kimberly had experience.

To change things up in Zeo would of been a bit pointless, wouldn't really be good for Zordon to demote Tommy, Jason was only demoted as Austin St. John had left/was leaving.
Austin did 2 more episodes after White Light before he had left so technically during filming it would've been "was leaving" but by the time they got to the ADR he had already left.
Old 04/23/18, 12:04 PM   #17
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Intersting information. I wonder after the filming/the doing of ADR of which episodes did Walter and Thuy leave, because I've read or heard somewhere that "Opposites Attract" was the final episode either the full trio or just a member of the trio was present at the filming of?
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/18, 03:04 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Intersting information. I wonder after the filming/the doing of ADR of which episodes did Walter and Thuy leave, because I've read or heard somewhere that "Opposites Attract" was the final episode either the full trio or just a member of the trio was present at the filming of?
that was stated to be the last episode that the 3 of them had filmed together and of course the very next ep is when they mentioned about the Peace Conference
Old 04/23/18, 10:33 PM   #19
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

Rocky didn't really become interesting until Zeo. But I wouldn't call him a leader then either.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/18, 05:00 AM   #20
Rossovan
Putty Patroller

From i remember from watching various panels on YouTube is that the line was changed from "so Power Rangers i assume you are pleased with new member of the power team" to "so Power Rangers i assume you are pleased with new leader of the power team" in ADR because of Austin leaving.

I'm sure as negotiations were on-going that they had ADR plans for both outcomes of the contract talks.

Although i'm sure Austin said in one panel that he told them he was quitting but would stay on to film the episodes that re-introduced Tommy first.

Either way that whole run of episodes up till The Power Transfer had comical dubbing moments, i would of have assumed in some cases they'd have used old ADR for the morphed fight scenes at least.
Rossovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply