Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/10/18, 11:43 AM   #1
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

Default I'm worried about continuity

Any time a new owner buys the franchise I worry about continuity. I just hope Hasbro respects and follows continuity.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/18, 01:41 PM   #2
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Re: I'm worried about continuity

Well, the Neo-Saban seasons have screwed it up already ("Legendary Battle", "End of Extinction") to the point that each season being set in the same universe isn't important anymore. While Dino (Super) Charge might be a season that's set in an alternate universe (as some fans on this and on another board have stated), it still takes at least the first 6 seasons out of it and replaces it with God-knows-what.

So unless Hasbro comes up with another anniversary season and Legendary Battle, the continuity of the show will remain at the current state. Saban did have to come up with a season really quickly following the purchase of the franchise from Disney so there's wasn't any time to consider any of the continuity stuff, but both (Super) Megaforce and Dino (Super) Charge don't have that excuse. Those seasons messed it up completely, especially (Super) Megafroce. I'm not sure what Ninja Steel has contributed (or not contributed) to the continuity of the show, because I've only read about and seen the ending of DSC and did not like it. I have not seen Dino (Super) Charge and Ninja Steel in their full length, so I can not judge those seasons, but I know LB was a disappointment which made me give up on Power Rangers completely.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/18, 02:30 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

granted I'll give you Dino Charge but Legendary Battle isn't evidence of a continuity screw up. Sure it was a disaster and Super Megaforce made mistakes but that's still not enough evidence.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/18, 05:37 PM   #4
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Most seasons are in continuity. RPM and Dino Charge are in parallel universes. But all exist in the PR Multi-Verse.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/10/18, 05:39 PM   #5
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I think LB was awesome! I never thought I would see so many Ranger teams together. It was great to have some of thhe old cast back too. Dino Charge had an odd ending. But I think continuity is still intact. I don't see Hasbro going out of their way to break it.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/18, 07:48 AM   #6
Green Goblin
Putty Patroller

LB could have been awesome. But it was way too rushed. The returning Rangers were treated like throwaways. It was such a waste to have all those Rangers back just to fight foot soldiers. It should have been good in theory but ended up being bad in execution.
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/18, 07:32 PM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

The owners of the show won't invalidate the seasons they acquired. But it doesn't mean continuity will be followed exactly.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/18, 07:42 PM   #8
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Honestly, just wipe continuity and continue from MMPR Season 3. Ninja Steel can still exist in its own universe and be continued as a full-fledged spin off.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/18, 07:44 PM   #9
Maligore
Power Ranger

I wouldn't erase the other seasons. But multiple Ranger Series is now possible that Cheapbird Saban is out of the picture.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/18, 11:37 AM   #10
Saban Fan
Ranger In Training

I am worried as well. No one understands and cares about continuity more then Haim Saban .
Saban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply