Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/03/14, 09:53 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Does anyone else consider Megaforce out of continuity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKosmic View Post
I've been thinking about this, and I feel like the Neo-Saban seasons are in a separate (yet vaguely analogous) universe or continuity from the rest of PR. The sheer amount of continuity errors make me feel like it's better off just sectioning off in it's own little universe.

If Dino Charge, and future seasons ever reference the past in any way, would you prefer that I've been thinking about this, and I feel like the Neo-Saban seasons are in a separate (yet vaguely analogous) universe or continuity from the rest of PR. The sheer amount of continuity errors make me feel like it's better off just sectioning off in it's own little universe.

If Dino Charge, and future seasons ever reference the past in any way, would you prefer that they pretend Super Megaforce never happened? pretend Super Megaforce never happened?
I completely disagree, all Power Rangers seasons (except for RPM) are in the same universe and continuity and even RPM is in the same universe to a degree because of its appearances in RPM and Megaforce.

There's no continuity errors in Megaforce, screw-ups or errors yes but the same can be said for practically any season in the case of making errors.

No, I would never want anyone to ever pretend that a previous season did not happen no matter how bad it was.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/14, 09:58 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: re megaforce remove continity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
^^^Honestly is there really any sign that Tzachor wanted a complete continuity sweep? Last I heard it's just the Non-Saban stuff he wanted to remove. Hence the number of Pre-Disney cast members we had back, plus half the Samurai cast and Mentor Ji. Heck, even Kevin, Mia and Antonio appeared in SMF through archive footage.
it was never said that he wanted a complete continuity sweep over the whole franchise, it was just stated that he wanted to sweep out all of the Disney-owned seasons that he was not part of which meant that Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, S.P.D, Mystic Force, Overdrive, Jungle Fury and RPM would all be part of their own continuity which I'm glad he was overruled on since even if they didn't work on those seasons they are still part of the franchise and they are still part of the continuity.
Old 12/04/14, 12:32 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

Saban Brands would never wipe continuity anyway. They would hurting their own brand. It would be like Disney wipping out the Star Wars prequels just because some people dont like them. I do find it funny that there was a false rumor about Sloan wanting to wipe everything after turbo whe he came back for NS. Which was total BS, only for Tzachor to essentially try to do the same thing for real.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/14, 04:07 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

I don't believe Doug would've ever done such a thing anyway people just assumed it because of Tori's comment towards Dustin in regards to Power Rangers and him reading too many comic books, it was just meant to be good nature rubbing towards 2 good friends.

I do believe Tzachor would have if he could have though but luckily someone higher up overruled him.
Old 12/05/14, 02:31 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

It came from the funaroverse crew. It turned out their source lied and it was sour grapes. So they refuted it. Yeah the NS added to that but Doug ended up denying that he would ever to that. And DT proves that.
Old 12/16/14, 05:53 PM   #16
powerpackers
Putty Patroller

People seem to think the Neo Saban seasons are not in continuity just cause they dont like them. Even thou there is more things in the Neo Saban Seasons that fit continuity than RPM yet people use Clash and Super Mega as proof of the opposite? Even thou everyone from Judd Lynn and Eddie to the cast/crew said RPM is it's own world. So Saban/Tzachor was just honoring those wishes.

Hell I remember somebody on rangerBoard being dead serious that Samurai's not in Continuity cause they said "Let's call all the Zords" and didnt legit call every zord from MMPR-Samurai.
powerpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 08:44 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

yea I don't agree with wanting shows out-of-continuity for any reason whether it's reason they don't like them or because of mistakes that they make.

I know Eddie said that RPM was meant to be in its universe but I don't believe Chip himself actually said such a thing he just left it up to our own imaginations until it was actually stated on-screen if it ever was.

The "call all the zords" thing is usually there in a lot of the seasons so that really wouldn't be a valid reason to want to remove something from a season. Dino Thunder even had such a popular line like that.

Like I said earlier mistakes aren't enough of a reason to take something out of continuity since it's such a common thing. Dino Thunder was very famous with this because of the famous (or infamous depending on your view) video diary.
Old 12/17/14, 07:55 AM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

To be fair. It would have been tough to get every single detail on previous seasons mentioned in the diary.
Old 12/17/14, 07:57 AM   #19
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I wish every season but MMPR was removed from canon. Except the movie. Those suits were ugly.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 09:16 AM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

I don't wish any season to be removed from continuity. Continuity and canon are two different things. Everything in Power Rangers is canon including the movies, the comics and the Super Legends video game but the games, the comics and MMPR The Movie are not in continuity with the actual series.
Post New ThreadReply