Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/08/20, 05:05 PM   #11
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: Why didn't Zordon just recharge Tommy's powers in Green Candle?

I know we will get these placed turned into a proper Super Sentai board this time.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/20, 05:33 PM   #12
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

I don't see any need for that. They allow us to talk about anything we want here.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:02 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Cena View Post
If the option was available, why didn't Zordon just charge his powers right away? instead of waiting for Return of An Old Friend. ,
Because it wouldn’t have been safe since the Coin would have still been attached to the spell so no matter what they did then, the powers would have been lost to Rita.
Zordon specifically mentioned that he had to give up the coin to another Ranger which would’ve stopped the transfer
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:47 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Because it wouldn’t have been safe since the Coin would have still been attached to the spell so no matter what they did then, the powers would have been lost to Rita.
Zordon specifically mentioned that he had to give up the coin to another Ranger which would’ve stopped the transfer
I have to admit I was confused in Return of An Old Friend. Because I figured they would have to do something to get the powers back. Since I assumed any powers in the coin would have went back to Rita. But there was no mention of that. The green coin was just drained and Zordon had to recharge it.

It felt like they changed the story. But I suppose the idea Rita's spell wouldn't be a factor anymore is the right idea. It was just too dangerous to try recharging the powers without a lot of risk. As was pointed out, the powers barely lasted a whole battle without absorbing the energy from the other coins.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:47 PM   #15
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I always thought it was funny they were able to bring back Zordon so easily with the coins. Why didn't they try this in Green With Evil?
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:51 PM   #16
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Different circumstances. In Green With Evil Zordon was lost interdemensionally. They were complete cut off from communications. In Return of An Old Friend, Zordon was completely drained from powering Tommy. He didn't just recharge the coin. He basically let Tommy borrow all the energy he had. The Power Coins were able to restore him. This wouldn't have worked in the latter episode, since the problem wasn't powerloss. Its probably why Rita instructed Tommy to send Zordon to another dimension.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:52 PM   #17
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

I do wonder what the Zyuranger storyline would have been with the return of Burai?I thought I heard the scene of Tommy jumped back into action at the end of Part 2 was supposed to be Burai returning from Heaven. Of course they never show any additional civilian scenes and they were never meant for full episodes.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/20, 09:54 PM   #18
Dragon Ceaser
Putty Patroller

I know it was never intended. But i would have loved to see how Zyuranger would have done a sequel based on that extra footage.
Dragon Ceaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/20, 10:15 PM   #19
DarkHeart
Putty Patroller

I always thought it was odd that Zordon could even attempt to recharge the coin without Rita gaining control of the powers. The original narrative were that Rita was draining the powers and Jason taking the coin stopped the transfer. But then in Return its just like the powers were badly drained.

I guess they just retconned things to give them an easy way of Tommy getting his powers back for as long as they could use more Green Ranger footage.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/20, 03:21 PM   #20
Sailor Kitty
Putty Patroller

Tommy and Zordon almost died when he tried. I think that tells is that it was just too dangerous. They only tried it because Rita had the other coins. So if they didn't try they would all be dead.
Sailor Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply