Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/29/14, 12:10 AM   #1
Megaship
Putty Patroller

Default Why do people think dino charge will be a better season

I have a question. What makes people think that DC will be a better season? Every year, people get high hopes for the next upcoming season; and every year, it seems to have a ton of complaints about how wrong, stupid, etc.... it is/was.

1.) It's for kids
2.) It's cheesy
3.) Kids eat cheese
4.) It's owned by Saban (They gave us the last three years and this one)
5.) It's airing on Nick so the darker stuff may not see the light of day (darker-style series get booted to TeenNick or online)
6.) It's for kids (Yes, I know that I listed it as #1, but people still hold it up to some kind high pedestal.)
7.) Just because Judd is back, doesn't mean anything. The show still has to pass Saban and Nick.
Megaship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 12:11 AM   #2
Myzou
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Why do people think dino charge will be a better season

For me, it's the fact it seems as though they're actually going with an original story this time. Megaforce was just a rehashed MMPR.

That said, I think Dinocharge is the last "second chance" Saban is getting from me. If it fails, I'm just sticking to Super Sentai completely. How they can go from amazing series like RPM (and yes, even Jungle Fury), to generic and very badly done shows like Samurai and Megaforce I don't get.
Myzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 11:32 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Its mainly because of the executive change. People have blamed Jonathon for a lot of the problems of the past few years (fairly and unfairly ). Judd Lynn is a fandom favorite and a lot of people are hoping he writes PR in the style he is known for. Also its a new season and everyone seems to be excited for new possibilities every year. Also the dinosuar theme seems mmpr nostalgic.

But you make some good points. Saban Brands is still gonna be overseeing this thing and will probably have the same edicts. Lynn is goi g to have to deal with this. Its unrealstic to assune pr will go back to the way it was when Lynn was story editor.

But Lynn is a strong voice that seems to have. a good vision for Powee Rangers. So I think we will at least see some improvement.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 11:36 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
For me, it's the fact it seems as though they're actually going with an original story this time. Megaforce was just a rehashed MMPR.

That said, I think Dinocharge is the last "second chance" Saban is getting from me. If it fails, I'm just sticking to Super Sentai completely. How they can go from amazing series like RPM (and yes, even Jungle Fury), to generic and very badly done shows like Samurai and Megaforce I don't get.
RPM was in the perfect position. It was a lame duck season since Disney was ending the show. Eddie was a new producer that had more creative control than most had, until he went over budget. Samurai and Megaforce were both under the watch ful eye of Saban Brands and things were expected to be a certain way.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 01:17 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Power Rangers will always be a cheesy show and it will always be a show that is aimed towards kids that will never change but people have high hopes for Dino Charge because of Chip returning and the firing of the Sentai snob.

It being owned by Saban makes no difference. Space and Time Force were both owned by Saban.

It being on Nickelodeon makes no difference because they have no say in how it's made, their only purpose is to be a broadcast outlet.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply